1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

First time I've hit a streak over 50 days.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by greatvortex, May 16, 2021.

1. greatvortex

greatvortex Fapstronaut

More specifically, I'm on a streak of 56 days and I can't believe it.

PRIOR TO DISCOVERING THIS WEBSITE & ABOUT ME AS A PERSON

A bit about me before I joined this website. My NoFap journey all started back in late December of 2018 (3 years ago, damn time flies), this is pretty embarrassing for me to even talk about but I encountered the NoFap subreddit in the middle of relapsing. The day after, I looked into NoFap more but, honestly, I didn't take NoFap seriously even after scrolling through countless threads and comments.

I started fapping because I was unhappy with my life. We had moved in with family members and we've constantly argued back and forth. I had enough and wanted to relieve my stress and feel less depressed (then I realised fapping made me more depressed, lmao, positive feedback but anyways...). We had since moved away from them thankfully (around late 2019)

Even after we moved, it had taken me around 2 years (till 2020) to realise the side effects of masturbating (as I was so addicted). I compared what I experienced before fapping and what I experienced then, and I felt terrible. Nevertheless I still continued to relapse and side effects included:
    • Pretty bad insomnia.
    • Feeling more depressed and miserable.
    • Felt super lazy and always felt regret every single day.
    • Failure to concentrate on what I was doing when I had an urge.
    The only good things that came out of masturbating frequently was the feeling of no stress and relief but that feeling's only temporary and is the reason why I felt so lazy. I was tricking my brain to make myself think that life wasn't stressful and ways in which I could escape this stressful life, is by masturbating and playing video games but in reality, I'm still struggling to maintain high grades and build relationships with people.

I panicked and tried finding solutions. I realised I was watching most of my NSFW content on Reddit so I quickly deleted my account, I basically tried changing my lifestyle. I picked up new hobbies, replaced what would have been a session where I masturbated to just listening to music or looking out into my garden (implementing all of these stuff into my life took a long time, around a few months). However I still found ways to fap but I found out that I had been fapping less, along with feelings of dissatisfaction whenever I did fap (good news!)

AFTER JOINING THIS WEBSITE

Then I found this website, which is arguably a much better alternative to the subreddit. I had been interacting a lot with the community, helping others with their NoFap journey and gave me an insight to other people's experiences which helped make me understand my experience too. After fapping another time on 21st of March, I knew I had to take my mind off NoFap which meant that I would take a break from the website but I still wanted to continue my streak whilst I took my break.

CONCLUSION

Now, here I am at 56 days.

Admittedly, I believe I'm still in the middle of recovering. Not surprising since I've been masturbating for over 3 years so I guess it'll take some time to recover. At the moment, I do feel satisfied and active (in contrast to how lazy I was when I was fapping). The NoFap journey is not all splendid and wonders though. I still have urges to relapse and it's really irritating and stressed me out (even to this day) but I've learnt to just accept these urges and move on. I will continue updating my journey on my profile, if anyone's interested.

Forgive me if some parts of my post sound weird, I usually don't type out long posts like this one but I just, really wanted to share my 3 year experience with all of you and myself included so I can reflect on what I've accomplished (which is still pretty summarised btw, otherwise I'd be here all day).

To everyone who's still struggling with NoFap, take it easy. I made the mistake of immediately trying to quit when I found out the side effects of fapping and to be honest, it made everything a lot worse. Aim to abstain for a few days if you're fapping very frequently, even if it means breaking your streak a couple of times. During this time, educate yourself and find solutions on this website or the subreddit to help extend your NoFap streak. Then once you've abstained for a few days, extend it to a few weeks, then few months etc etc, until you realised that you haven't fapped in ages. That's when you know you've done a good job!

Also keep this in mind, if you're feeling satisfied and happy, abstaining from masturbating, why not continue that habit? Same goes with any other habit or hobby. If you feel satisfied doing something, continue doing it. This can also apply to individuals who may not enjoy abstaining from fapping. NoFap is not for everybody so if you don't enjoy NoFap, simply quit and continue fapping, no one's going to force you to stop. However to everyone else, including myself, let's continue our NoFap streak!

2. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
    Nothing sounded weird mate. We all have similar experiences.

OheyApple and greatvortex like this.
  3. 2nd Chance

2nd Chance Distinguished Fapstronaut

Nothing weird, keep posting your progress. Best!

4. greatvortex

greatvortex Fapstronaut

Awesome! Thanks for reading.

OheyApple likes this.
  5. greatvortex

greatvortex Fapstronaut

Thanks for the support. I'll continue posting my progress!

OheyApple likes this.
  6. melatonin

melatonin Fapstronaut

Thank you for posting. This gives me hope!

7. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

Well done, congratulations. It has also taken me several years to get to my streak.

8. Ramski89

Ramski89 Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing your win, bro!