1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fitness advice when on nofap

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Harish.kumar, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Harish.kumar

Harish.kumar Fapstronaut

I been PMO for at least 7 years. lost all my strengths and shyness increased . now i trying to shape my soul .

im on day 12 nofap(PMO) . having belly fat and skinny hands. should i start exercise now or give some time to recover my soul to normal then start workouts. but now im very confident to get my soul fit and mind too.

I also have some shivering when get to speaking to peoples(mostly girls) or in awkward satiations .is that shivering is due to PMO physical damage or anything else? can it can be eliminated?

2. It will get better with time. (Assuming it's due to confidence issues from too much PMO.) If it's a medical condition or something than you need outside help too.

3. MusicMakingMonk

MusicMakingMonk Fapstronaut

Excercise is always good friend, it will speed up the process of recovery. I wouldn't recommend going to the gym and lifting weights right away, I don't think going from horribly not fit to lifting heavy weights is a good idea, it's probably better to start with bodyweight excercises and move up to weights once your body adjusts to using strength again. Same for runs, just start taking big walks first, then move on to running. Maybe pick up something like Tai-ji or Yoga, it will be good for your posture and flexibility.
    Good luck on your journey!

4. Harish.kumar

Harish.kumar Fapstronaut

hm ,actually my hands will shake when lifting weights and when nervous too. should i go to gym now or give some time to heal my body to normal.(i tried once an year ago , i tried to lift weight and my hands shacked , many see my like something badly(i.e why this like guys come to gym) and i got like shamed of it and i left the gym).Now im learning the yoga and structuring the asanas procedure for me to do. so when can i start my weight train(i have plans to do in my home itself for beginning. suggestions plz

5. Harish.kumar

Harish.kumar Fapstronaut

tks , i too feel it could be due to less confidence . i started reading good books , and maintaining cleanliness every day.

6. MusicMakingMonk

MusicMakingMonk Fapstronaut

There's no way I can tell you when you start doing weight training, like I said in my previous post, start doing bodyweight excercises first, you can do those at home, pushups, pullups, squats, lunges, etc. Trust your body, if you feel strong enough to handle weights maybe buy some dumbells. Listen to your body carefully. If that suits you, go to the gym. Don't get shamed away from the gym, if you think people look down on your for being fat and weak for going to the gym (and I don't think they, it's probably in your head)they're assholes, and you know what's more satisfying then running away from mean people? Proving them wrong. If you get after it hard enough and they see your transformation their attitudes will change, not only that. You can be proud of yourself. And if you see someone in the gym that is in the position you're in right now, you help them out and make them feel welcome instead of belittling them, giving you a checkmate on any asshole who bothered you before.

If you want real, meaningful advice for your fitness life, go see a physiotherapist.

Harish.kumar likes this.
  7. oryxcrstl

oryxcrstl Fapstronaut

Try r/bodyweightfitness recomended routine. You can do most of it at home but if equipment is an issue you can pair the exercises that need equipment at the gym together and still do most of it at home