1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Food and PMO

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by striveforit, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Hi,

I was wondering does anyone of the connection of certain type of foods and sexual urges. I heard something like spicy foods can turn you on etc. I don't know anything about this correlation, but any information will be appreciated.

Amukadi8 likes this.
  2. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

Foods that excite you probably don't help. They will just make you crave pleasure more.

Asgardian36 and striveforit like this.
  3. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

I eat a lot of spicy food and it didn't stop me from not touching myself for the past two months. I suggest that you eat consciously, that is wholesome and healthy food. Your PMO recovery can be a great opportunity to improve your diet! While you're tying to stop sexual short-term satisfaction, you might as well replace bad food (= what your appetite is craving although you know you don't actually need it) by better stuff (= what your body actually needs and which will thus satisfy its needs in a sustainable manner). Of course you can have a piece of cake every now and then, at least I do ;)

Asgardian36 and striveforit like this.
  4. Amenquaruzz8

Amenquaruzz8 Fapstronaut

In my own experience, spicy foods and sweet foods do raise my arousal, the worst thing is to eat before bed, Apart from protein shakes, they are good before bed...

5. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

I agree with @Amukadi8 - spicy, hot and greasy foods will raise your arousal..

Asgardian36 and Amukadi8 like this.
  6. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

Ok, it might be different for others, but does increased arousal actually lead to PMO in your experience? By now I see PMO more as a way of provoking arousal when it is not actually there, as artificial stimulation. PMO is not a means to deal with arousal, but to deal with inner emptiness, loneliness, boredom... Simple and natural arousal by a woman we are actually attracted to is quite the opposite of that. The way we react on triggers is not because of that, but because of conditioning of our brains. If you feel actually aroused, it will set free energy inside of you, which I see as something positive as long as you can control it. Do you get what I mean?

Deleted Account and Amukadi8 like this.
  7. Thanks for you responses guys. I'm going to switch to foods that are blander now. I'm of South Asian decent and the foods that I eat are on the spicier side I just relapsed after 88 days and I'm going to be more conscious about my diet now. I already was, but now even more in terms of spices.