1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

For men, does growing out your facial hair help or hurt your appearance?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by brassknucks, Jun 1, 2021.

1. I've never been able to grow more than a goatee and a light mustache and it works for me. My family says I look too funny clean-shaven. :emoji_sweat_smile:

I can't disagree with them, though. :emoji_laughing:

2. zeke27

zeke27 Fapstronaut

In my case, I don't like wearing a beard because like in the 7th day, it starts to itch a little and it's very uncomfortable. I grew a 6 day beard and shaved everything except the chin

3. Usernameallowed

Usernameallowed Fapstronaut

It helps but also hurts

First you get used to your appearance as does everyone else ..... A beard is badass it makes you look more aggressive more powerful .... But it takes away from your face ... Stubble or a short beard is cool I wouldn't go clean shaven.... But it's hit or miss what you get from a beard .

You get treated differently when you have a beard and when you don't but the difference is really down to your level of confidence... When you shave your beard the only difference is because you don't recognize your face ..... I trimmed my year long growth down to stubble at at first was weird as fuck but I've grown back into my own face fairly quickly ... You look younger when you shave ... But this is my face ..... I think it depends what it adds ..... If it's women women are hit an miss some like beards some don't depends on what sort of women your into yourself .... Because alot of guys don't have beards because some women see you as too aggressive but that's entirely individual .

A beard always makes you look badass ... But I like being confident even without one ....

You can get away with things with a beard like more bodyfat though when you shave you realize your face is more squiggy so big bulky bushy barbarian or Clean trim gentle savage

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  4. thecda

thecda Fapstronaut

I believe it hurts. A clean shave is the best in my opinion- it is the cleanest and most neat and orderly. I am a fan of small well groomed mustaches, too

5. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Helps for sure, medium size beard though.

6. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I am not sure why you think a beard looks dirty. o_O

7. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I didnt say that o_O

8. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

OK, then, why do your think not having a beard looks clean?

9. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

People have commented that I look manly because of my beard.

A year ago I let my beard and hair grow for 6 months straight. My roomie told me I looked like a university bum.

10. zeke27

zeke27 Fapstronaut

I have now a goatee and a 2 day stubble

11. maybe it depends, i have this long beard growing and aside from some smartass remarks(santa claus, zztop, james harden[i like that one, its rather unique] etc.) i get nothing but compliments

12. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Cool! :cool:

13. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Just because I say a dolphin looks clean it does not imply owls are dirty.

By the way did you guys know the killer whale is the largest dolphin?

Killerwhales_jumping.jpg

14. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yes

15. it depends on whether you can grow an actual beard or not. A lot of guys grow those patchy sex offender beards which just make them look sketchy. those guys should just go clean shaven unless they have a recessed jaw. in which case they should either work on their jawline or get some hair growth chemicals.

16. wastewater

wastewater Fapstronaut

As men age, some look better in a beard, more distinguished and others just look like they badly need a shave:) In my neighborhood we have a % of bearded men for religious reasons.(if I grew a beard would probably fit in easier ? ) Have started a beard numerous times, buy my lady protesteth. :(:)

17. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

I think a lot of guys see growing a beard as the 'lazy option' and just stop shaving. If you want to look sharp with a beard you have to maintain it, wash it groom it and style it, else you are going to end up with a mass of wiry face pubes and face dandruff all over the front of your shirt.

If you arent sure how to style your beard grow it out for a week or two and get a professional beard style/trim at your barber. Theyll be quite happy to talk about how to maintain your beard, products, how to trim and groom it etc.

I like to wear a beard now i am in my late thirties (eek) as i am very 'skinny fat' and hold a fair bit of flab on my chin. A well styled beard can really improve the lower half of your face, so long as you look smart not slovenly.

18. Bump for my two cents. I used to have a massive beard back in the drinking PMO days. I was probably subconsciously trying to make my appearance more masculine as alcohol and PMO seriously mess with your hormone levels not excluding testosterone. With the drinking weight and soft PMO/MO facial features the big beard seemed like the better alternative. Once I quit alcohol and PMO plus regular masturbation my facial features and overall muscle tone improved significantly. I do hit the gym but my regimen is geared towards tone and strength not bulk. As a result, with the excessive energy gained from quitting alcohol and masturbation with orgasm, I look way better than I ever have. I maintain the 7-10 facial hair growth and usually trim it up about once a week to keep it looking tidy. It compliments my face and accentuates my jawline and cheekbones which are the most pronounced they have ever been. That along with the semen retention eyes really does give a guy a better overall appearance. I get lots of random stares and great public interaction with people throughout the day. It’s all real. The benefits are real and the biggest adjustment has been getting used to being a normal person out in public for the first time in years.

What’s the big take away? Grow some facial hair if you can and enhance your gains.

{Ananta} likes this.
  19. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    i hit the gym,i dont got defined,ripped muscles like everyone else, im slim n toned,and females consider me masculine, they see me as a manly man. i remember a scene in "fight club" when brad pits character an edward nortons character are in the train standing and talking. they see a bill board or what they imagine the perfect man to be, brad pit brings attention to it, i forget the dialogue but ,but to boil down the concept brad was getting at was, these males groom and hit the gym with a masturbation influence, masturbation is the cause to thise redicluous ideals of what a female an male should appear as. All in all, the more your disaplines are with NoFap the high your testesterones rise and stay, with high testesterones is what causes excessive facial hair growth, which brings the question into light, why would something a man naturally grows be too much, idk, females who dont have a masturbation routine or addiction arent going to care casue they well be attracted to you, attraction isnt appearance,

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
    PRESS THE FIGHT likes this.