1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

For the umpteenth time...

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by amaranth, Jul 11, 2019.

1. amaranth

amaranth Fapstronaut

Hi, everyone!
    I realize many of you here had tried quitting for ages before joining this forum, something which applies to me as well.
    No-good experiences from way early on in life made sure I'd get hooked when first accidentally discovering M. Few years later I also discovered P. O, ofc, was always there.
    It's kinda off-putting when you ask yourself "So how long has it been?" and you see in your lifetime a good 10+ yrs gone by in gradually attained alienation, not to mention the damages on the many aspects of health...
    Support from others is crucial, as is obvious from the increase of our numbers here. I've been watching the forums for quite a while and I finally decided to join.
    Don't know if this tool will be helpful, but it doesn't hurt to at least be hopeful, eh?

2. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part of our community. Here are some quick links to get you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Use the NoFap Forums | Panic Button |Day Counter | Rebooting Resources|Forum Rules | Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

3. amaranth

amaranth Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot!

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Grip36

Grip36 Fapstronaut

5. amaranth

amaranth Fapstronaut

6. Hey & Welcome to NoFap Community! :)

You are in the right place for recovery here. We are so glad to have you with us to beat this addiction together.

You can go read some Success Stories in the "Success Stories" section to learn more about the benefits of NoFap , get useful tips and ideas to help you in the reboot.

If you have any question about rebooting, you can ask it in the "Rebooting" section.

And I would recommend you to make your own journal in the "Reboot logs" corresponding to your gender & age to track your everyday progress.
    You can also join challenges in the "Events & Challenges" section, to keep yourself motivated and focused.

You may start by checking the links below:
    Learn more about Rebooting.
    Forum Usage Guide.
    List of Rebooting Ressources.
    Glossary of terms used in NoFap community.

Best of luck to you in your journey!

-The Winner

7. amaranth

amaranth Fapstronaut

Noted. Thanks a bunch!

Starseeker likes this.
  8. lvcas

lvcas Fapstronaut

Hey @amaranth! Love to see you joining the community and giving change a real try. I’ve found that keeping a journal (of any sort) and logging in any impressions and thoughts I may have, be they whatever they are about, is incredibly helpful. It’s a great way of gaining awareness of aspects you hadn’t noticed over time, and even better for you to delineate a course of action and problem-solve!
    That being said, it’s an iterative process, which means that there’ll always be some tweaking needed in accordance to any patterns you see arising. I would say it’s good to think over about what changes you could take into action to make sure your process isn’t harder than it needs to be. I’ll leave that up to you!

You seem like a really good guy, I wish you all the best. Keep the updates coming and pour anything you’re feeling into pages — virtual or physical!

lb

amaranth likes this.
  9. amaranth

amaranth Fapstronaut

@lvcas For the time being, I prefer to just note significant fluctuations here and there... But journaling could be useful; had tried it at some point in the past...might try it again at some point.
    Thanks a lot! :)

lvcas likes this.