1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Fapstronauts, tell me about your country you live in.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 6, 2020.

What country do you currently live in?

1. Australia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Canada

9 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. China

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. France

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Germany

5 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. Italy

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Mexico

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  8. Romania

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. Spain

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. Other (no North America, please)

47 vote(s)
    69.1%
  1. I know I'll find some way to immigrate to denmark. But first, what I want to know is, is denmark a great country to live in ? Are people friendly ? What does it feel like ?

2. You seem very resolved. I haven't been there so I can't tell you anything you cannot google.

Except recommending to watch this show: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1733785/

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. n0tmynam3

n0tmynam3 Fapstronaut

I'm just saying that cus I live here. I have to show favorites. ;)

subway14 likes this.
  4. n0tmynam3

n0tmynam3 Fapstronaut

The best thing about Denmark are free college and free health care but it's a rather expensive place to live

5. Hi, I'm living in South Korea. Been here for 4 years next month.
    Korea has super fast internet.

6. Oh they sure do need fast internet for their gaming. I heard that there is a lot of academic pressure in south korea. What else do you like about south korea ?

7. I like the food, the people, fast parcel delivery - in Seoul you can get same day delivery for most items, the scenery - such a mountainous country, can always find a new place to get out and explore. I feel like there are a whole lot more opportunities here in Korea for foreigners to make a good living.

8. But Korea is also hard to get into. I'm starting to see a pattern.

Chakra_Serpent likes this.
  9. Where do you live? Is it easy to move across South Korea without Google map?

Chakra_Serpent likes this.
  10. I live in the city of Anseong, maybe 1hr 20mins drive south of Seoul. Public transportation is easy to use. I use a Korean map to navigate around, it has all the subway information as well.

TudoBem23 likes this.
  11. Yeah, I hear you, bro. I don't know much about Romania and I'm still getting into it since it's one of the most interesting European countries, despite low wages and political issues. Education that I do not know because I'm not a very intelligent person so yeah. Nature and landscapes always have my interest.

What else to say? :emoji_thinking:

12. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I live in Israel and love living here. I wouldn't trade it for anywhere else in the world.

13. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

That's awesome, man. I lived a little bit south of Gangnam, a couple years ago.

Are you an English teacher too?

14. I taught English for 2 years. I'm married to a Korean so I can look for other jobs. I'm just taking a few months off to travel around.

GigglingTrout likes this.
  15. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

I'm from Finland as well and think this is complete bs lol

crime on the rise - maybe but it's still super safe anywehre here
    very high cost of living is only in the capital region, like I'm about 100km from there and prices are way cheaper

one shit thing about Finland is the weather tho

Taylor25 likes this.
  16. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

First I came to know about it by the search of easiest country to get Visa for travel to Europe..

I loved it

17. I don't know what cave you live in but the shitty governments we have had since Kekkonen died, or more like since the second world war, have shitted on our people and we are so deep in debt that the bankers can do what ever they want with Finland. The politician don't do anything but lie. They are just bunch of puppets who only go after only their self-interest. They look down at us, regular Finns. They despise us. That's why they have allowed our culture and race to die slowly.

Suomi on täysin myyty.

18. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

19. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

ok so you wanna say before ww2 it was great but now we're a shithole :emoji_joy: wtf

20. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

now let's do a more realistic overview of Finland

positives:
    -quality of life in general
    -free education & healthcare
    -benefits :)
    -nature
    -saunas
    -mobile internet, we have quite cheap plans (like 15-25 €) with unlimited internet (I heard in some countries you have to pay like $50 to get that and it might not even be unlimited)
    -almost everyone speaks English so you can live here without knowing any Finnish even
    -the difference between bad and good neighborhoods is very minimal, like there aren't ghetto areas
    -few corruption
    (bonus) the handling of the covid has been one of the best in Europe

negatives:
    -weather
    -lack of sun
    -alcoholism and depression are kinda big problems
    -we're separated from the rest of Europe by water, like if you want to go somewhere else than Russia you have to fly or take the ship
    -conscription (=mandatory military service for men)
    -high taxes (tho it's for a reason)
    -lack of shops, we basically have only 3 chains (2 Finnish ones + Lidl), I wish there was more variety
    -it's kinda boring here, for example countries like France, Germany, Spain are much more interesting imo

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Taylor25 likes this.