1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

From fit to fat, and to fit again !

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by AlphaWolf1408, Nov 17, 2020.

1. AlphaWolf1408

AlphaWolf1408 Fapstronaut

I often hear this word „genetics“ thrown around as a reason why you should just let yourself go.

And it is exactly what it is, just an excuse.

I used to be fit by following a healthy diet (no particular macro monitoring), then I got fat.

Genetics didn't make me fat.

The estrogenic foods I was eating at the time made me fat.

My diet consisted of mainly junk food and packaged meals while I was living in the States. It is not until I took full control of my diet and started tracking macronutrients that I achieved success. The saying is true: you are what you eat.

Do not let genetics be an excuse to be the best version of yourself ! You know what genetics are ?

Your ability to grow a certain muscle and the overall shape of your whole body.

My body tended to look narrow since I am taller and I had difficulties with creating the illusion of width.

I still overcame my "genetics" by building as much muscle mass in my upper body and shoulders as possible and getting my waist to 31 inches (by getting my body fat low enough).

My biceps have always sucked, however I often get compliments on my arms since my triceps game is solid (triceps take up 2/3 of your arms mass and you can easily create the illusion of big arms even if you lack a biceps peak).

Genetics is an excuse. What is yours ?

2. AlphaWolf1408

Of course not ! I didn't even mention bodybuilding. Getting fit will be a matter of nutrition and not so much exercise anyways.

If you train like a bodybuilder you will come to a realization pretty quick: You can't train like a bodybuilder because you are not INJECTING exogenous hormones that allow you to train like that.

There are genetic differences and a minority will get results naturally but for the majority of people bodybuilding style training won't get them jacked.

Eat like a bodybuilder, yes (they have mastered the science of losing body fat and gaining muscle), but train like a man:

Full body workouts, bodyweight training, sprints, etc.

Mauritius likes this.
  3. hulkfresh23

hulkfresh23 Fapstronaut

i like your motivation, you transmist a lot of energy with your sentences, carry on friend, i have a personal trainner and i am following a diet and exercises, he just send me this thing he is not behing me shoutting cooome on. i am paying a small amount of money and doing all what he says. just that, and i am not worry about what i eat or what i have to do for look good, speending million of hours on internet looking diets and shit. whit one month that i am working with him i got more result than 6 years on my own. that crazy but that true. i know that many people and special students can't pay a personal trainner and also the food that he says but if you contract his service for one month or couple of months you can get an idea how is the diet and the exercises. by the way that is what i learned and it makes my life more easy. regards

4. MexFighter

MexFighter Fapstronaut

Heeelp. You sound like you know what you're talking about!
    I used to be a skinny girl but when I started my PMO adicction I took refuge in food and simple sugar/carbs.. I gained weight:17 years old, 5'3 and 165 lbs..I became sick, depressed, hate my body... Until 2012 when I started to do cardio as crazy.. I just joined my university gym and I started to run everyday for 50 minutes.. and I lost my first 6 lbs.. then in 2013 I became a vegetarian and I changed the treadmill for spinning and I lost 22 lbs more.. I was doing it great.. At 2017 I reach my goal of 138 lbs. (From 75 to 63 kilos).. But now I'm stuck! During quaratine I've doing bodyweight for 6 months now since June.. and I dont see any change.. I quit simple carbs cause I cant eat gluten and I dont drink soda.. I just want to quit!
    Idk what to do!!! I'm sure any girl who eats like I'm eating and does the exercise I'm doing would have lost at least 10 pounds by now.
    I am frustrated! Any good advice? Pleaseeeeeeee!

5. AlphaWolf1408

Unfortunately, I am an expert in fat-loss, not weight-loss.

Losing weight is easy: Don't eat for three days and you will lose weight.

What's your current body composition (muscle and body-fat ratios) ?

I can give you a couple of tips if you tell me a little more about your diet. What do you eat during a typical day and how much of it ?

6. just out of curiocity
    how much do you weigh at what length?

7. AlphaWolf1408

I currently weigh 196 Lbs at 6'3. Body-fat around 10-11 % for that bodyweight.

Deleted Account likes this.