1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

From Homeless to Leader

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Rodrigov600, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Rodrigov600

Rodrigov600 Fapstronaut

I was merely 18 when I started in this Self-Help thanks to a college friend that pointed me in the direction of NoFap.

I’m going into 25 now and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t at all influenced by NoFap. It was the catalyst for me taking cold showers, fighting tooth and nail against addictions, getting a girlfriend, cleaning up my act and going from homeless to being a leader.

At the young age of 6, I was told not to leave my mother alone with my dad’s father by her friend.

At the age of 12 I found out she was being raped in the garage we lived in by him.

Through this time, we were constantly being physically abused and emotionally manipulated. Shit was rough.

It wasn’t going to be the only tragedy though. I found out in a hard way that she was basically engaged in rough incest with much older men. I caught her with her uncle.

Needless to say I grew up alone. My siblings were told to stay away from me after that. My parents neglected me, if not abused me more.

I talked every girl out of liking me, usually running into the arms of other men my age.

When I was 19-20, I was sleeping on the side of a street alone. I was doing NOFAP, hoping to be a better man than everyone I had ever encountered.

I changed the way I looked at the world. Instead of feeling shame and humiliation, hanging my head for everyone to see, I picked myself up from my bootstraps.

I cleaned my act, I hit the books and consulted the great men of the past.

Rain pouring down on the roof of my car as only the texts and I keep each other company in the street.

I got pulled out of my car by cops in the middle of the night at times.

I almost got robbed when some methhead tried opening my car up.

I’ve seen shit people would shudder at the thought of.

But I pulled through. The investment in knowing paid off dividends more than actual material money.

I was literally broke, but knowing made me wealthy. It’s one of the reasons I stream on Twitch talking about my experiences and helping people be better.

(https://twitch.tv/s1lentsurv1vor)
    (drop by anytime at 5:30 pm PST)

My wealth is my knowledge, and I want to give back to the world. Helping people be leaders rather than followers makes the world a better place.

It prevents rape, promiscuity, physical abuse, unhappiness, wars and famine. There’s enough for everyone, but greed and insecurity gets in the way.

We should think from a Point of View of abundance rather than famine.

We all started NoFap because we wanted to transcend ourselves. Eventually NoFap will be you, and you will have to transcend that too.

We are ever growing creatures, and this pandemic is really putting that to the test. Hang in there. Hold the line.

Resilience is the key to victory. No matter how much your boat shakes, hold on tight and don’t let go.

You need it. Your family needs it. Your future family needs it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  2. AversioN

AversioN Fapstronaut

Your story makes my 'life problems' look so insignificant haha. Hope you're doing great!

3. Killyourlust

Killyourlust Fapstronaut

awesome keep grindin

Rodrigov600 likes this.
  4. Rodrigov600

Rodrigov600 Fapstronaut

Thank you sir. I am doing phenomenal and I lead a much much better lifestyle. I provide for my SO and our two kittens and one pup.

We're trying to jumpstart a little business where my gf makes pet costumes by hand and tries to make a profit out of it. We're just setting up shop atm so no sale yet!

AversioN likes this.
  5. I love your inspirational story, your honesty and your leadership. Keep going.

Rodrigov600 likes this.
  6. BrinleyWilson

BrinleyWilson New Fapstronaut

Great and motivating story. Becoming the leader of your life is very difficult, especially when you start from the beginning. At https://studyhippo.com/essay-examples/being-a-leader/ I read a few articles yesterday on how to become a leader, which I advise you to read as well. Your story inspired me a lot.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    Collin Lee likes this.
  7. Looks like this user has not been on the site for a long time, wondering if anyone checked out his Twitch?

ANewFocus likes this.
  8. SamFischer

SamFischer Fapstronaut

I actually just did. It says he hasn't been live in 8 months. I wonder what happened? Maybe he didn't get the turnout he had hoped for? Hopefully he's ok.

9. Thanks. Hope he's doing ok.