1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

From your experience, is masturbation bad for skin?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Epsilon guy, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Epsilon guy

Epsilon guy Fapstronaut

Share your experiences. Is masturbation and eyaculation bad for skin? Can it cause acne, dermatitis, rosacea?

Toni7 and oldsurfer like this.
  2. oldsurfer

oldsurfer Fapstronaut

Yes, I get rosacea. It also aggravates any sun spots that exist. I think the tension reduces blood flow below the skin.

Toni7 likes this.
  3. Yes, same problem for me too. I have skin issues.

4. Epsilon guy

Epsilon guy Fapstronaut

And how do you know it's from masturbation? I mean, did it go away when you stopped masturbating? or maybe some other factor was involved?

5. I had this issue since I was 18. I never stopped mo ing. But when I stop m and take med it gets better. But when I m it gets worst. I get itchy ness in my skin. Than it increases.

Epsilon guy likes this.
  6. oldsurfer

oldsurfer Fapstronaut

I have found the skin spots reduce in size and the redness in my face lessens. After I am on a streak for more than 5 days.

Epsilon guy likes this.
  7. white wizard

white wizard Fapstronaut

My skin appearance improves drastically when I don't MO. Doing it seems to put great stress on my body, and the skin shows.

oldsurfer and Epsilon guy like this.
  8. Epsilon guy

Epsilon guy Fapstronaut

And how much time do you usually stop in order to see results?

9. Epsilon guy

Epsilon guy Fapstronaut

But 5 days is not too much no? I mean, it could be another thing. Long streaks to see if masturbation is affecting your sking are +30 days streaks i think.

10. Epsilon guy

Epsilon guy Fapstronaut

When you say "drastically", what do you mean?

11. AbTheAb

AbTheAb Fapstronaut

Yes, but it's not the only reason for skin issues.
    I don't have experience with any series conditions but I noticed abstaining does give you a radiant skin look but it takes time to show, it's gradual but maybe after 20-30 days you can start seeing the results.

On the other hand, during my long streaks, if I went through a period of time where I was under immense stress and not sleeping properly it could cause skin issues or loss of glow even during no MO.

So IMO it's one very important factor but not the only one. Diet is extremely important (could be your body's way of detoxing), exercise/rest as well, and stress and anxiety.
    Psychological factors are also very important. An interesting read would be the view of German New Medicine by the late Ryke Geerd Hamer (It's considered pseudo science by official medicine) but I think it's good to just see what view they have. Psychological factors I believe are underrated in official medicine. https://learninggnm.com/SBS/documents/skin.html

if you clear your diet and eliminate all negative factors please do not expect results overnight, it might take a month or 2 for your body to clear up. In fact at the starting phases of a detox your body might experience more negative effects as it cleans itself.

12. Epsilon guy

Epsilon guy Fapstronaut

I have seb derm for 9 years now. I have tried everything, different diets, elimination diets, supplements, and nothing worked. Also i workout and i don't consume drugs. I'll look for the reading that you have proposed. Thank you!

AbTheAb likes this.
  13. white wizard

white wizard Fapstronaut

It looks less red and dry and more smooth. Also the dark circles under the eyes seem to improve.

14. oldsurfer

oldsurfer Fapstronaut

I can only comment on my own personal experience.

Epsilon guy likes this.
  15. Epsilon guy

Epsilon guy Fapstronaut

Do you have any skin disease?

16. Epsilon guy

Epsilon guy Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing your experience!

17. white wizard

white wizard Fapstronaut

I have mild dermatitis. My skin gets red and sometimes flaky from temperature changes. It could be somewhat psychological, but from what I've noticed, PMO does aggravate it.

18. skybrowser

skybrowser Fapstronaut

I don't have skin issues but after a few weeks of abstaining my skin tends to have a better glow.

19. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

For the skin of your dick, yeah. I've gotten some serious abrasions down there from wanking too many times a day a couple of times.

Also if you don't wash yourself afterwards you can get the problems that bad hygiene causes.

20. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

I've gotten bad scarring on my junk with soreness from fap session, so I'd say yes