1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Full body workout?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 3, 2019.

1. I was wondering if there is any good programs out there for a full body workout using only your body. I been searching on google but i keep hitting the scam and pay walls everywhere.

I feel I need to start to exercise again, back in 2008 i ran 10k almost every day, and went to the gym, so i know my way around how to train with weights correctly but I dont want to do that atm I want to use my body as the weight instead.

I wanted to find a program that is easy to learn can be done 3 to 5 times per week and gives a full body workout using only my body.

2. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Search for 'Bodyweight 100' or 'Bodyweight 500' (etc), depending how fit you are. Pretty easy to find but here is the Bodyweight 100 exercises:
    • 20 Prisoner Squats
    • 20 Pushups
    • 10 Jumps
    • 10 Inverted Rows
    • 20 Forward Lunges (10 reps per side)
    • 15 Close-grip Pushups
    • 5 Chin-ups or Inverted Rows

Full workout and all you need is a chin-up bar. If you're after a much tougher challenge, BW 500 is:
    • 50 Prisoner Squats
    • 50 Pushups
    • 25 Jumps
    • 25 Stability Ball Leg Curls
    • 50 Stability Ball Jackknifes
    • 50 Step-ups (25 reps per side)
    • 25 Pull-ups (NO substitutions)
    • 50 Forward Lunges (25 reps per side)
    • 50 Close-grip Pushups
    • 50 Inverted Rows
    • 50 Squats
    • 25 Chin-ups (NO substitutions)
    Should be easy enough to find demos of these exercises (and more) on youtube.

Try one for a bit and adjust reps as necessary or add your favourite BW exercise as appropriate, tailor it to your needs.

RainbowShell likes this.
  3. apimpnamedslickback

apimpnamedslickback Fapstronaut

one punch man 100 squats, sit ups, push ups and 10km run?

......just kidding, make sure and when you start a routine,dont do the same exercises everyday or you wont have any gains,after you work a muscle group say,arms, dont do arm exercise for another day or two to give your muscles in your arms time to properly recover.

RainbowShell likes this.
  4. This is the workout you are looking for. https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

It's called the Recommended Routine, or RR. I've spent dozens of hours reading all of the resources and links. This is the single best workout I've done since the US Marine Corps. R/bodyweightfitness is the best community for full body calisthenics fitness, they will have the answer to every question you can think of. Since I started about a month ago I can do handstand push ups and a bunch of other really cool stuff I only dreamed of doing before.

I'm just like you. I used to powerlift and got decently strong. But I got bored of it and wanted some cool skills to show off, and I wanted more muscle definition.

The cool thing about bodyweight fitness is that, instead of simply adding weight each new session, you focus on progressions. Progressions are series of exercise based on difficulty. For example: once you can do a certain rep range for push ups, you move on to diamond push ups. Once those are easy, you move on to decline push ups. Then push ups on rings. Then pseudo planche push ups. You will never run out of fun skills to learn.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    RainbowShell likes this.
  5. coconutplums

coconutplums Fapstronaut

Look up officalTHENX on youtube. The dude is all about calisthenics and very knowledgable (although a bit narcissistic).

RainbowShell likes this.