1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Games art or Concept art? Please help!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Nick:3, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Nick:3

Nick:3 Fapstronaut

Ok so, I was going to do a concept art for games and film course at my university, and am now on a games art course instead (basically a lot less drawing and more 3D work, which i dont think suits me). A lot of the time I question if I should be on this course, as I don't like 3D art a lot at the moment, maybe because I'm just learning and doing pre-set tasks instead of being creative. Anyway my point is, I want to be the 'ideas man' when it comes to making a video game, and I was thinking of switching to the concept art course instead, as i think I'd enjoy it more, however I'm still very unsure and indecisive about this and I have to make my mind up soon, as I already saw the concept art course leader.

So guys, what do you think? Should I go with a course that I might enjoy more? or one that is more realistic and a little more versatile, be in mind that when I talked to the course leader, and another concept art teacher one of them said I sounded very eager to get on to the concept art course, and I felt very good that I heard I'm likely to get accepted on to it.

Be in mind I do like some aspects of the Games art course, like texturing and putting everything together in Unreal engine, and wanna try out 2D animation, and motion capture! However first and foremost I consider myself an ideas man, who has always loved drawing, especially expressively.

2. Nick:3

Nick:3 Fapstronaut

P.S. I was also considering Fine Art, and was wondering if anyone had any advice or meditations to share on how to learn what you're calling is?