1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting Back Up

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Slip-ups happen, but how should we respond to them? In Matthew, the Bible says that blessed are those that mourn. When we sin our response should be to mourn that sin. We should consider bowing down and asking for forgiveness and spend time mourning. Here is how David responded:

Psalm 51:1-19 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy lovingkindness; according unto the multitude of Thy tender mercies, blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I acknowledge my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.

4 Against Thee, Thee only, have I sinned and done this evil in Thy sight, that Thou mightest be justified when Thou speakest, and be clear when Thou judgest.

7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from Thy presence, and take not Thy holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and uphold me with Thy free Spirit.

15 O Lord, open Thou my lips, and my mouth shall show forth Thy praise.

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise.”

Notice that David did not just mourn for 1 or 5 minutes, he took a block of time to get right with God again. Consider praying and studying this chapter after a fall.

Second, it is very important to acknowledge your progress toward quitting after a fall. While you mourn, acknowledge if you made progress toward the habit of turning from lust, progress toward the habit of running to the verses for quitting, progress toward the habit of thinking new thoughts, progress toward the habit of going to war with sin, or progress toward the habit of any other positive Spiritual activity.

Third, if you have been working hard to quit, you may think: What I did, did not work. Don't say that, instead say...

”What I did started to work. What do I need to add to what I am doing to be even better? What do I need to change so that I allow no openings?

Finally, keep fighting, God knows your heart.

Mara43 likes this.