1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting concerned with looking good

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Saserman, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Saserman

Saserman Fapstronaut

I'm not sure if this is a result of nofap, but I think it's at least a factor

Until now I have never concerned myself with my own looks, unless it's for a formal situation like work or an invitation or something like that. My t-shirts would be unironed unless they need to be ironed, I don't put cologne on or anything, my hair is never combed, and my main concern until now was comfort.

I also kinda had the same attitude about organizing my room. I would keep the bed unmade, throw my clothes around, and things like that.

For some reason I am starting to change my ways. I am concerned about the stuff I wear so now I started ironing my clothes, folding them and nicely putting them in shelves. My face is nicely shaved now and my room is clean, and I strive to keep my bed made everyday. Im not sure what caused this to happen, perhaps it's my consistent weight loss, or perhaps it's because I might get engaged soon (arranged), or it could be due to nofap giving me more confidence or somethjn. Or maybe it's a combination of all these things

Well, I kinda like where this is going. Has anyone got the same feeling after starting nofap?

2. nobingeing

nobingeing Fapstronaut

Wow! I must congratulate you on your discpline to clean your room and taking on a heightened interest in your appearance. I guess this is part of becoming a more mature man maybe?

I became more concerned about my looks too since i realized i have an PMO addiction but did not make such a disciplined effort to control it. The more i started to take action the more i became self aware, its correlated i believe. My room is forever in a mess so i am not credible enough to commend you on that :/

I guess it stems from the self awareness and confidence after undertaking nofap. Congratulations on 12 days! It must have been a struggle. Keep on going fellow fapstronaut!

Peace! ^^

3. Rafa

Rafa Fapstronaut

Hi Saserman, i think i am getting a little more concerned with my looks too, i am definetly more confident and i've started doing excercises at home and maybe i will go back to the gym again. I'm doing my journey without even M and i think this helps me even more, i feel like completely free of P already.

Good luck on your journey and God bless!

4. Jackieboy

Jackieboy Fapstronaut

I wonder if PMOing could contribute to a type of depression?? I noticed the same thing with myself...in fact I even went out and bought some new jeans with my wife, something I would have never done in the last 7 years. Many depressed people do not care about their appearance and let things go at home as well. Interesting.

5. Pootis

Pootis Fapstronaut

I like how you're busying yourself with these habits like cleaning and stuff. I heard that one should rather be busy, so their boredom won't lead to PMO.

6. sethj11

sethj11 Fapstronaut

I've always been a little overweight, but the constant PMO would drain the rest of my available energy to get fit. I'm hoping that after another week or so of NoFap, I'll have enough energy to start working out regularly and shed some extra baggage.

7. Clive

Clive Fapstronaut

Cool thoughts, Saserman.

Maybe as we clean up the mind we naturally want to clean up what's outside.

8. Diamond26

Diamond26 Fapstronaut

Hello. I've also experienced that. I've begun exercising at home more, shaving better (especially because since I stopped facial hair is growing much faster and stronger), dressing better and also being more myself. :p I'm also organizing my stuff at home more.

Best regards.

9. zadvanceppa

zadvanceppa Fapstronaut

I exercise more then before. I run and I take more effort in my dress and appearance too. I clean the house and I am making far less excuses to do the things I want to do ,to change. Ie; cold showers. Had I known at 24 or 30 yrs old what I just discovered in Nov 2013 well .... Better late than never. Convinced beyond a doubt that my pmo life , changed its direction. I've fallen off the wagon at 88 days for acouple days. Now, the urges and obsession appears gone. Probably a temporary situation. I look at the past 97 or so days as a win-loss record. 92 wins and 5 losses. My previous yrs would be the opposite.