1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting high on meditation ( wim Hoff breathing technique)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Killyourlust, May 19, 2021.

1. Killyourlust

Killyourlust Fapstronaut

So it's been a week since I have been practicing wim hoff breathing technique with meditation , so let me tell you this , this technique is a million dollar secret. Let me keep it short and straight forward.
    Here are the benefits
    Increased focus
    Clear mind
    Higher oxygenation of blood which cures diseases and boost in immune system (I have not experienced this but I have read it online)
    Urges are non existent
    High that you have never felt before , if you do it correctly. The high is better and greater than jerking off. Your face goes numb and your limbs start tingling.
    Here are some tips :-
    Breathe through your nose and mouth
    Expand your chest and belly as much as you can
    Do it on empty stomach

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6s...i=YgGkd-p0S0aYGYfoRmCmWw&utm_source=copy-link
    Here is the guide by wim hoff himself

<script> and Slimjimjones like this.
  2. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

I do love doing wim hof, been doing it every morning for around a year now.

3. I've been only doing the cold and got away from the breathing, although I've been revisiting the alternate nostril technique from yoga but that's another story/benefit.

This opens to a lot right here. Most people, maybe here especially think 'discipline' is about pushing yourself to do more when you may not feel like it, but in the bigger picture it's really also about details like this. Not only are there practices which you want to do on an empty stomach, some supplements are taken on an empty stomach. You can only be disciplined in optimizing all these things if you PLAN and be consistent, not just push yourself when you physically work out. Practically then you'll have a window of time to do the practice, then remember to take those supplements that absorb best on an empty stomach and then watch the magic happen.

Also as with any practice esp. for people who are new to it think of it as an experiment. Give it a chance, see how you feel before and after.

4. script

script Fapstronaut

Thanks for the link. Just tried it out, I'll definitely look into it more. Can't really describe how I felt after, I might get back into this thread once I've tried it again.

5. script

script Fapstronaut

So I can say that what you get is somewhat of a very light high I guess, but it feels more like being dizzy. Anyways, I think it makes you more awake, so I'll try to incorporate it into my morning routine.

6. Killyourlust

Killyourlust Fapstronaut

If you do it properly you can get very high

7. script

script Fapstronaut

I don't really know if I even want to though.
    How would you describe to do it properly, according to the video?
    I breathe like a maniac following his instructions and hold my breath for longer than he expects me to do already.

8. Killyourlust

Killyourlust Fapstronaut

Do you feel like your face is going numb and hands are tingling ?

9. script

script Fapstronaut

Yes, I also feel cold.