1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting into Social anxiety :x :x :x

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by geoff-89, Sep 14, 2018.

1. geoff-89

geoff-89 Fapstronaut

Hi, my anxiety didn't hit me so hard than today. A old friend come to visit me today while her sister is getting into dentist. I've come to greet him with my father and get into the kitchen for chit-chat. It's at that moment that i become weird. I have bad time to keeping eye contact with him, i've bad time when there's blank, i wanted to relaunch a topics but i can't. I've come into stressing movment, i didn't know where to put my hand. There's a lot of moment when it became unconfortable for me. On the other hand my friend who is year younger than me is brighter than me (that's irritate me a little).

That say, i know my socializing skills is near to 0. :x, there's no over day that it disgust me to be myself. I wanted some tips for overcome this handicap if anybody have :)(sorry for my bad english)

2. Hey there Geoff!

I will copypaste what I wrote in a similar topic a few days ago. I think it might help you as well:
    While I know you're not dealing with exactly the same thing I do believe these 3 steps should boost your confidence and self awareness thus extinguishing anxiety and nervousness in conversation.

3. I am going to be blunt and to the point on this answer not to be mean but because it helped me so much in getting over my social anxiety. You say that you your social skills are a 0 I SAY BULLSHIT ! ITS JUST AN EXCUSE YOU GIVE TO AVOID DOING. You say that your disgusted at yourself BULLSHIT ANOTHER EXCUSE NOT TO APPROACH, TALK, LEARN, GROW. When I was shy I could give all sorts of EXCUSES as to why I was shyi I wore glasses , I got made fun of in school a lot, I wasn't tall enough, I wasn't successful enough, I don't know what to say, I don't want to be turned down and on and on and on. EXCUSES are just fear keeping you from doing . DROPPING THE EXCUSES IS THE KEY TO TURNING IT ALL AROUND YOU CAN BLAME OR YOU CAN SAY BRING IT THE FUCK ON. That peace of advice helped me drop the shy act and begin to interact with people I hope it helps u .

Hitto likes this.
  4. ramboeea

ramboeea Fapstronaut

it is social anxiety disorder and you can heal it with CBT easily.

5. ghalib

ghalib Fapstronaut

But i am shy too after making my artistic beats i don,t know why