1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting my life together

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by bp4life_0440, Sep 3, 2017.

1. bp4life_0440

bp4life_0440 Fapstronaut

Hi there, I am a 15 year old male and I've been trying to quit PMO for almost a year now. My longest streak is only 14 days and I'm currently on day 6. My main motivation for quitting is my social anxiety and the terrible effects it has on my life and my success in school. I haven't been successful so far, which is why I decided to join NoFap. My goal is not PMO'ing for 90 days and more. I hope some of you can relate. Wish me luck!:emoji_muscle:

WesternWolf likes this.
  2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

3. Welcome to the site! That's awesome on a six day streak! I also have the same motivation for quitting, we must realize we are strong and totally capable of defeating this habit! Some of the most helpful bits of advice have been to discover new healthy habits to avoid PMO and surround yourself with people. Cold showers and discipline go a long way as well.

4. bp4life_0440

bp4life_0440 Fapstronaut

Hey, thanks for the welcome :)
    At the moment, whenever I get urges, I try to distract myself with other things for 5 minutes, like working out or studying and remind myself why I shouldn't relapse. That's been working for me so far.
    Thanks man!
    I agree, discipline is important and it sucks when you lose control over yourself.
    I think this site will help me a lot because we're all looking for the same thing :)

WesternWolf likes this.
  5. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut