1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting rid of CumStains on Mattress

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by sohardrn, Jan 17, 2023.

Tags:
  1. sohardrn

sohardrn Fapstronaut

Alright, embarrassing confessional that I need some advice for lol.

I live in an apartment rn and back when I did jack off I did have like 2 cumstains seep through the sheets into the ikea mattress that I didn't clean right away. I ended up using hot water on paper towels at one point, then some vinegar and hot water spray with paper towels at another, and finally some detergent with a towel this time around.

This time around especially the detergent made some serious progress, but also a bit of damage on the first stain since I put a little too much and now that part is slightly blue. When I pour too much it gets a little blue and stays a little dark, probably because of the sheer amount of detergent that dries in when I do that. When I just zigzag a small amount of detergent over the area it has a really effect getting the stain out and making the mattress white again.

I could keep doing this over the next few times I wash my sheets zigzagging a smaller quantity of detergent and get good results by the time I move out, but honestly I wanna get this done with it in a single day if I can. Is there some kind of stain remover I can buy from Walmart and use to get everything out for good? I want to put this behind me for good.

2. ImprovingDutch

ImprovingDutch Fapstronaut

Only see this now, but I've heard hydrogen peroxide is good at cleaning any kinds of stains from mattresses.

3. sohardrn

sohardrn Fapstronaut

Lol never commented on this again partly due to shame, and partly because it’s mostly resolved. Hydrogen peroxide left for an hour, followed by cleaning with white vinegar, then letting baking soda absorb what’s left worked wonders. It was like 90% gone. I’ll probably do it again once a month and it’ll be fine by the time I move out. I feel clean now though about it which is liberating.

ChocoLatte likes this.
  4. Exponential Power

Exponential Power Fapstronaut

Cold water is better. Try rubbing it with ice cubes. Hot water cooks the stain.

5. goldie

goldie Fapstronaut

Good thing you figured that one out! ;)