1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting tired of being ghosted

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Aug 7, 2018.

1. I've been talking to a girl that has many things in common with me on OKCupid. We chatted frequently. Up until recently, I never heard back from her. I'm not overbearing, just sending a message every two or three days. I haven't heard from her in over two weeks.

This is getting old fast.

2. I know that. I just don't know why I keep going back to dating apps

3. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Fapstronaut

It's not the dating apps fault man. Either she lost interest or someone else came into the picture(ex). Honestly real life is my preferred way of meeting women because it is easier to tell if they have interest in you. But dating apps are a good way to talk and get to know each other before you meet. Good luck to you.

4. ReadyToStop

ReadyToStop Fapstronaut

She's gone. Find someone else to spend time with.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  5. MOVE ON , u stated you chatted frequently not a good idea at the beginning, It was a fault I used to have a lot I would chat or talk over the phone with them every day for sometimes an hour and every women I did that with lost interest and ghosted me. Now I do my talking in person and not every day if a girl I give my number calls me now I tell I would like to here about whatever she is saying on are date we have agreed to in person not over the phone. It works don't be to avaible and when you do talk, talk in person face to face

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2018
  6. Uke

Uke Fapstronaut

Once you’ve been ghosted, it’s over. Just like the friendzone, there’s no coming back.

If you wanna know why, you could start a thread asking women to list the reasons when they start ghosting a guy. I’m sure they all have their reasons.

7. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

From experience let go or be dragged

8. fan_of_all_might

fan_of_all_might Fapstronaut

Get off the dating app. You're not allowed to use them unless you're out meeting new people every week otherwise you will join the ranks of needy men that girls ignore.

I'm no girl and I never ghost intentionally but if there's someone I don't place value on messaging me my chances of forgetting to reply go up. It's just like that with a girl. It's not that you don't have value, she likely has a lot of valuable offers that you can't compete with as she's never met you.

So lets make ourselves valuable and go out and meet people who will actually get a real chance to be invested in us.

9. I deleted my profile and the app. This intent to go back on was not out of desperation, merely just to put myself out there. But to deal with the same shit I've had before, I should have never renewed my profile

Headspace likes this.
  10. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

I actually once ended up in the friendzone and I returned, alive (and getting the girl, eventually). But I can tell you that it is a hostile environment which makes you suffer, and I do not plan to go there again :p (It wasn't worth it, neither the girl nor the sex was.)

Slightly off-topic. Sorry for that.

Ukulele likes this.
  11. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

If you get ghosted, move on. It's quite simple. You nor her is obligated to continue with anything even though that is the intention of a dating app. But once you understand that and stop giving leverage to the girls you are conversing with then you'll find it really easy to move on. There is plenty of fish in the sea to my knowledge.