1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Girl gave me her number and said I was cute, but now is not responding to texts?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Kai101, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Kai101

Kai101 Fapstronaut

Let me give you guys some background info. I'm 16, never had a girlfriend and don't have much experience with flirting or dating or any of that type of stuff. I was at Skate City with my friend Friday night, and this girl who used to go to my high school came up and said I looked familiar. So we chatted and got to know each other a little bit. She seemed to enjoy talking to me. She seemed nice and was exactly my type. She was the one that gave me her number at the end of the night. I didnt even ask for it, but I was glad to receive it anyway ha ha. Anyway, a half hour after me getting her number I texted her saying "hey this is Kai101 (replacing my real name) from skate city." Then immediately after she said "you cute Kai101." Then I said "ha ha thanks. I was thinking the same thing about you." The next day I texted "what's up?" Its been a day and she hasn't responded. I tend to obsess and worry when i dont get a reply and doubt myself wondering if I said something that she could've taken the wrong way. I'm so confused right now and dont know what to make of the situation. She's too years older than me if that helps. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Also should I/when should I text her again? I don't want to seem needy.

I attached the message as well if anyone wants some referance.

Attached Files:

2. I think you are worrying too much, one day is not much. The fact that she approached you and gave you her number is a clear sign that she is interested in you. I'm sure she will reply and get back to you sooner or later. Just try to be patient. Good luck :)

Kai101 likes this.
  3. Sleepingwarror

Sleepingwarror New Fapstronaut

"What's up? " Is the most generic text one gets. Don't beat yourself up and send something more fun and witty next time , e.g. "how long can you hold your breath?"
    Haha. Take it easy and relax.

Kai101 likes this.
  4. Kai101

Kai101 Fapstronaut

Thanks man

5. Hi, for the future, you should post these type of questions in the dating forum, not the relationship forum.

So, the last time I was dating I was 41, a bit older than you :) This happens sometimes. I have no idea if she will ever respond, it could go either way. I do know that whatever happens _it is not about you_. Don't take it that way. Learning to deal with rejection is an important lessen in dating and in recovery. Some people avoid direct conflict, for example. In "traditional" dating men often experience rejection by getting turned down or getting radio silence to their advances and women experience rejection by waiting by the phone that never rings (I know, like I said, I'm old school).

If she does not respond, do you best not to disparage her in any way. Just move on. She doesn't have to be bad or wrong even if she doesn't handle it the way you would like.

I wish you the best. Dating can be both rough and rewarding.

Peace,
    -Quinn

Jennica and Kai101 like this.
  6. AllanTheCowboy

AllanTheCowboy Fapstronaut

Wait a couple of days, and actually phone her, and ask her out to something specific, e.g. "want to go to a movie this weekend?"