1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Girlfriend: Something I want but don't

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Marcus_Demarco, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Marcus_Demarco

Marcus_Demarco Fapstronaut

I'm confused. There is a girl in my class. I don't have any real feelings toward her but I feel pressured to make a move toward her because older people are telling me "oh I wish i was young so I could bed beautiful girls again" or "oh when I was your age I was having fun with girls". I'm nineteen but I already am worrying about dying without being successful with women. The girl in my class is pretty but for the longest time I haven't had any genuine attraction toward girls and I feel shame/guilt for letting these opportunities pass me by because I know im going to miss them later. I still am attracted sexually but I don't want to waste my time talking to them like I actually care. I know I need to work on myself and In my head its going to take a couple years to mature and figure myself out but at same time I'm lonely and don't want to talk to girls

D . J . likes this.
  2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Live your own life, not the life others want to you to life because if you make a mistake, those same people will tell you that you are on your own. Fix yourself first. The number of women you bed doesn't make you a man. Loving one woman, the right woman, deeply with all of you and without the pull of PMO is better than messing with the emotions of many women along the way. If you don't care about this girl, leave her alone. You're 19!! You have your entire life ahead of you. It is always better to do what is right than what is popular. You have to live with the consequences of your decisions, others don't. Spend this time healing yourself from PMO.
    Whenever someone is pressuring you to do something, look at the life of the person, if it's full of mistakes and trouble, most likely that person is pressuring you to make the same mistakes he has made.

badeae1 likes this.
  3. Kristian

Kristian Fapstronaut

Why would you connect with a person you don't genuinely care about? In the end you're gonna hurt them. By refusing to act on a selfish way, you're the bigger man here. Just like DJ pointed, you should live your own life and tell the others to mind their own business.

You're only 19, you go plenty of time for girls later and even now, but as long as you have genuine feelings and are attracted to the person (not only physically).

solsticeboy likes this.
  4. Marcus_Demarco

Yeah I'm finally learning to improve myself I guess I just felt rushed not having a center in my life and listening to other people's opinions.

5. Marcus_Demarco

I find it hard to connect with others. I believe its largely due to PMO because I for the most part feel numb toward others. Like i have problems identifying my feelings. I have only ever had genuine feelings for 1 person after knowing them for 4 years and my feelings came out of nowhere so now I feel unsure of how I'm gonna feel the next time. Like I'm thinking right now I don't really care for the girl I talked about in my post but am I suddenly gonna have feelings after I talk to her a few times and be PMO free? I have very few female friends so maybe that's why I worry. Anyways Thats why im confused

solsticeboy and D . J . like this.
  6. Kristian

Kristian Fapstronaut

Listen mate, if you think PMO is your biggest issue right now, then focus on fixing it. I am currently fighting several urges to relapse, but I will not. You know why? Because of the girl I am currently in love with. If you wanna refrain yourself from PMO and communicate with girls, then it is alright. If you feel like it is hard to connect with others, then trust me I know where you are coming from. I have loved before and had my fucking heart broken, actually tore down into little pieces. I went on a binge into destroying myself, PMOing as much as possible, heavily drinking and for what? It never helped. It only made it tougher for me to recover. And I am currently struggling, but this girl I am with, makes me feel that I can love again. Feel again. I felt so dead inside for so long, that I even forgot what it is like to feel love again.

If you are currently lost, then find yourself. We are here for you, because we are passing through the same thing. If PMO ruined you, then so it did with all of us. Keep your head up and fight against it! That's just my two cents. And this battle goes on, day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute and second after second. It never ends. But we need to do it to recover ourselves, once and for all.

7. Marcus_Demarco

Im
    Im really happy you have someone to keep motivated thats awesome! I was just reminded why I started Nofap: so I could feel again. I want to feel love again and thats a big motivator to not PMO. I'm on day 3 and I can slowly feel myself becoming better physically and mentally and I will continue. Thanks man I appreciate your 2 cents! :)

Kristian and D . J . like this.
  8. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

this is so like me. idk but my depresison is one of the reasons that block my emotions. i hardly connect with other people. i don't want to be in relationship. my friends think i'm gay or mental ill. idk, even when i have feeling for a girl, another side in me steps out and take me out of feeling attracted.
    also i feel being in relationship gonna drain my energy :D. the first few days, ok. after that, omg. look at your friends :D.
    also i'm not a sexy guy who can pick up girls anytime :p. i'm happy single. my heart is fulfilled by spirit, just enjoy the desnity :D

9. Marcus_Demarco

the longest streak of no P I did was about 35 days and I noticed it was a lot easier to connect with others and people seemed more interesting. Right now I'm day 3. What's your longest streak and how did you feel then?

D . J . likes this.
  10. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

i stopped counting long time ago. today is probably nearly day 30. to be honest, i'm not into the phrase "i have to reach certain days to feel better", no i don't like this belief. every single second counts.

i've got depression and disconnectin even before pmo. pmo just makes it worse and worse, but pmo is not the cause. sounds crazy but i think my depression is the pathway to my spiritual enlightenment. disconnection turned out a beautiful thing.