1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Girls don't want kind or nice guys

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son_of_Iroquois

Son_of_Iroquois Fapstronaut

Completely illogical. I am not unhappy, nor am I gay. Therefore it is a non-issue. However, I was unhappy before I changed my beliefs and took action to get what I wanted, therefore it is logical that you heed my advice and the other guys on here who suggest you DO SOMETHING to improve your life.

You are unhappy, and "mentally ill" as you stated in your OP, therefore the only logical thing to do is to change. I am simply saying that if you change your current belief system, i.e. that you stop thinking you are inadequate, a "dipshit", and all the other negative things that you label yourself, then you will start to feel good in life.

Right now you are a basket case of assumptions based on nothing except self hatred.

2. @Son_of_Iroquois Jeez man, seriously. I know I need to make changes in my life, but your advice is misguided. You don't know me and see how I live my life or carry myself in the real world. So no, you assume about me. I'll stick to my principals and make the appropriate changes as I see fit. I just read your post about being alone and coming to terms with it, not to chase fleeting pleasures to try and fill the hole that loneliness makes (which was a good post btw), and then here you are saying I should just go out and get laid and chase fleeting pleasures. Casual sex is nothing more than mutual masturbation. Why don't you concern yourself with you and I will with me. I know where I'm at in life and on most days I'm perfectly okay with that.

StepsReborn likes this.
  3. Son_of_Iroquois

I can tell a lot about you by your conduct in this thread, the self beliefs you have articulated, etc. It speaks volumes about who you are, actually. You're someone who blames others for his problems, refuses to take serious action to improve himself, and then wants sympathy instead of advice. In many ways your attitude nauseates me at a deep level, but I was like you once, and I needed help to change, so here we are.

Your original post is clearly that of someone who is frustrated and unhappy. Unfortunately, it is also bespeaks someone who is afraid to take action in his life. I'm not saying you should chase fleeting pleasures. I am saying that if you want to get into a meaningful relationship, at some point you're going to have to have sex with a woman, or at the very least stop blaming women for why they don't want to be with you. That's not going to happen as long as you point the finger at society or women for why you're single. It's just not.

And another thing, this website is not for guys who just want to cry and ask for self pity, and then behave petulantly when people offer real solutions. So don't think you can just come on here and use NoFap as your emotional toilet and bring everybody down. If it is that, then @Cantkeepmeaway would be correct, and this forum would not be worth participating in. This forum is about offering different ideas, sharing your personal struggles in a constructive way, and exchanging strategies for success. Go ahead and vent sure, but then lift yourself up and put into action what has been suggested.

I depends on what a person wants. Yes, ultimately I believe that one has to be deeply secure while being alone; that is a crucial part of existence, but that does not in any way prohibit meaningful relationships, sexual or otherwise. Being secure in yourself it is a prerequisite for meaningful relationships. Casual sex can actually be deeply rewarding, if you experience it with the right person and are mentally grounded enough to take it for what it is.

Cantkeepmeaway likes this.
  4. @Son_of_Iroquois Good lord, did you not read when I said I DO NOT blame women. Where the Hell did I blame others? I just don't want to play by society's rules. I'm self deprecating, just how I am. I bother you? Cool! You and him just reinforce my personal beliefs about alpha men. But calling all girls sluts and making fun of someone for their virginity, totally acceptable masculine behavior. Totally not "petulant" behavior. If that's being a man, count me out. I know who I am. I'm done talking with you, but thanks for being respectable enough.

feo1966 and StepsReborn like this.
  5. IGY

IGY Guest

Just stop responding to this harassment @Iscarpia87! If you keep replying, guys like this feed on it and keep vomiting up their solutions. You have made your position clear. Don't let this guy intimidate you into going round and round in circles!

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Son_of_Iroquois

No problem. It's up to you to decide if you want to change; right now it seems you don't want to.

It's just confusing (and pretty irritating) when someone posts about being unhappy on a website devoted to self improvement, and then throws a tantrum when offered real solutions.

But you've made your choice about who you are. Obviously it's working for you at some level.

7. Gautama

Gautama Distinguished Fapstronaut

Guys, go easy here. I know there is a difference of opinions but its got a little heavy and I think a bit of a time out is needed to give you time to reflect on.

As per NoFap's forum user guides please see below;

Arguments

While everyone is welcome to express their opinion on the forum, please do so constructively. If you do not agree with something that someone has said, you are welcome to question it or challenge it. However blatant attacks on other users because of differing opinions or morals will not be tolerated.

Please take the above into consideration before responding again and remember, we are all at different stages of our journey so please try and be respectful to other users feelings.

Deleted Account and AndySky180 like this.
  8. IGY

IGY Guest

I do not understand why the moderators have not 'cleaned up' this thread. The OP was venting his frustration in his first post. Since then the thread has been hijacked, first by @Cantkeepmeaway (his offensive posts have now been removed, thankfully), and thereafter by @Son_of_Iroquois who has been harassing him. Please remove the extraneous entries by this antagonist.

9. Son_of_Iroquois

Hey bro, let me tell you something. I was in no way harassing him. Grow up, please. We were having a conversation where I was offering solutions to his problems. Sometimes it takes persistence to break down someone's built up resistance. But his resistance is too engrained, so what can you do? People like you just want to molly coddle him and let him cry on your shoulder. He's 29 years old. If he can't handle a simple debate on the internet then he has no hope in this world.

There is a larger issue here, and that is: what kind of a forum do you want this to be? One where all guys do is whine and complain, or one where people man up and take advice where advice is needed. If its the former, then Cantkeepmeaway was right, and myself and every other well intentioned member of NoFap is wasting their time here.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Cantkeepmeaway likes this.
  10. Gautama

Gautama Distinguished Fapstronaut

I have decided to lock this thread down. I can't see it getting any better.

Deadlihood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.