1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Give me some tips on texting

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by AlexanderTheAverage, Nov 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AlexanderTheAverage

AlexanderTheAverage New Fapstronaut

Hello Fapstronauts,

I'll come right out and say I'm not the most intriguing of texters. Lately it's led me to believe that I'm not an intriguing person at all. Here is a sample, I am bolded:
    Why choose guitar
    I actually hated it at first because my parents made me get lessons
    What changed
    I got into it
    "into it"
    Started making music you mean

Was something I enjoyed
    Basically
    Awesome
    Yeah lol
    Alright, ask me anything
    I don't have any questions
    Ya

What you see here is one of the most developed parts of the conversation, sadly.
    Now, at this point, I'm grasping for straws, desperate to hear something more than placating answers, or one word responses (of which there were many).
    The narrative in my head is constantly:

PLEASE. SAY SOMETHING OF SUBSTANCE. DON'T LEAVE ME ASKING QUESTIONS.

GIVE ME SOMETHING TO WORK WITH

Lately I've found myself lacking intimate friendships that allow for my arrogant self to shine, arrogantly. I'm stuck in a zone where I'm trying to get to know new people, while finding those new people to be mind numbingly boring or unresponsive, and simultaneously thinking that due to their general lack of personality, I too must be lacking as I can't inspire out of them anything worthwhile.

Now maybe this is a condition of not finding the right people to speak with. Maybe my target audience should be vastly different than what I'm accustomed to or willing to approach, but finding individuals to maintain conversation with me who I also wouldn't mind having sex with is one of life's great challenges.

I am constantly thinking of what to say, I know this is a problem. How can I shift a conversation from yes's and no's to an actual engaging conversation? The length of response ratio is hugely disproportionate, as I'll create an open conversation, only to be met with a one word response, even if I phrase it so that it isn't a yes or no question.

How can I make them want to know more about me, interested in me. I'm really tired of sounding boring, my lack of game betrays who I am.