1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Glass-Steagall

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Eskorbuto, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Eskorbuto

Eskorbuto Fapstronaut

Hello American people,

Well, I would like know your opinions about how important is to restore this act of bank separation between commercial credit bank and speculative bank... There is political movement in New York so-called: LaRouche PAC, they are investing efforts in restore that act for the economic recovery of the US.

What do you think about it?

2. It's important to segregate the activities of commercials banks from those of investment banks (no such thing as speculative banks actually)

The Glass Stegal Act was put in place after The Great Depression, to segregate the workings of commercial banks from that of investment banks.

It was repealed in the late 90s. In less than 2 decades of this abolition, the world witnessed a financial crisis which brewed partly because of excess exposures taken by investment banks, though credit rating agencies, regulators, and, sub prime borrowers and lenders are also at fault.

It is prudent that an entity which accepts deposits from the general public not be allowed to invest the money without some prudential guidelines. The Central bank needs to provide such guidelines which will restrict the proportion of money which can be invested in a sector, industry and company respectively. This is done to contain exposure to specific risks and thereby diversify the risk.

As of yet there is not a sufficiently strong regulatory environment for us to have both commercial and investment operations in one entity.
    Maybe in the coming years when we have better disclosure norms and prudential guidelines, we could move toward the dual role system.

Eskorbuto likes this.
  3. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

Most large corporations have become de facto slave systems. There is not better representation of that than the banking system and debt manipulation. We're moving toward feudalism unless something changes.

The repeal of Glass-Steagall was when the power of money eclipsed the power of government.

Eskorbuto and himmelstoss like this.
  4. yosoymoi

yosoymoi Fapstronaut

Support Bernie sanders guys!

Eskorbuto likes this.
  5. Eskorbuto

Eskorbuto Fapstronaut

I do totally agree with what you say, guys. Look, I attach here a link from LaRouche PAC if you want to read it. Here in Spain, in the area where I live, a man who runs a Think Tank in Basque Country was promoting the Glass-Steagall. But, the United States should restore first to affect to European countries.

Thanks for you opinions and call for your congressman to make pressure to restore GS

https://larouchepac.com/20151006/wall-street-wipe-out-americas-labor-force-if-not-stopped

Regards,

Eskorbuto