1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Goals that are realistic in a sense it doesn't have to be long term.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by helpmefromaddiction, Mar 13, 2019.

1. helpmefromaddiction

helpmefromaddiction Fapstronaut

Today I'm here to make a post about goals that are realistic and achieveable for me and for anybody.
    For example for my work life, I work as a food and drink server at a club, I basically keep the venue clean and also tidy the best I can during tray service periods by also delivering good customer service. My main goal I know I can focus on is to develop confidence socially by communicating with my Co workers my boss and engage with customers to the best of my ability so I can provide them the best customer service experience which I know I can do. For my home or family life my sister pointed out that I need to be a fully functioning family member and help out at home with the chores and etc not just at work because I dedicate myself at work everytime that's why I don't communicate alot because I'm comfortable with me being me but at home I'm lazy and I need to become for. Productive in both places. I have two long term goals one for my personal life one is to get healthy and be in better shape because I don't like being loose and looking like a twig it takes serious change but I know I'm not committed to it because I don't think my family supports me even though I have the resources to use. I can't cook I barely even touch the gym because my posture is out of place and I feel like there's no sense of guidance anymore I don't drink enough water I don't excercise. And last week I refused to buy my own groceries and I relie on food delivery everytime I order it's junk food nothing healthy and nutritious. I feel like I'm not going to get a girlfriend because of what I look like and how I do things at home and that I given up because I been called skinny my entire life. My second goal is to also be more independent and be able to be able to confidently drive a car after I am done successfully taking my driving test through many lessons. Im sorry for any of you guys reading my post like its my entire life story when it's not I'm just sick of not seeing real serious changes being met and after you see that there are no changes in your life you finally just accept and 'embrace yourself for you truly are and that sucks it just goes back to where my sister said the other time I had a family gathering that I don't need any long term goals as long as I am happy to another cousin. Well the truth is guys I'm not damn happy I am depressed and yet sometimes miserable when I see that I can't change the way I look like I want to look good feel good and be good. Heck I even hate seeing myself in the mirror for being skinny but the more I do I just finally accept myself for truly being a skinny guy with a really high metabolism and that's why it's hard to work on myself because of the facts that are out there. In conclusion I need to make a serious change in the future for Me personally because if I don't do it sometime soon I will spend the rest of my life living with insecurities that don't do and don't even matter for a lot of skinny guys. Thank you y'all for reading my post

Asgardian36 and ApprenticeInWar like this.
  2. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Man I didn't read the whole thing. You should put your texts in paragraphs, just make a few spaces here and there, really helps reading. But at the end you talk about your self image issues with being skinny. I'm a very skinny guy too. Before I started putting effort into changing myself, I was always the skinniest person around. I thought that's me. I swallowed it and accepted it, and it made me feel inferior and unconfident.

The truth is, even with a small bone structure and high metabolism, you can still have way more mass than you currently have. Trust me, I was always pretty skeptical but I still had that fire within me, the desire to change. And it became reality last year when I stepped on a scale at my grandmother's house and I saw that my weight had gone up about around 8-9 kg in just around 7 months. That's the best moment of last year I had. I fucking felt normal for once. I was always so self-conscious about my weight. Everywhere you hear guys worrying about their height, but I've never cared that much about it. I just wanted to be bigger, not a stick.

Also something that I've realized. Being skinny is the best. Skinny guys often have aesthetically good physiques and high metabolism is a perk also. Sure high metabolism will make it harder for you to put on mass, but later on, it will be a good thing when you are bigger.

3. helpmefromaddiction

helpmefromaddiction Fapstronaut

I'm sorry for not being able to put this into paragraphs because I wanted to make another post before I go to bed, thank you for sharing your own personal story of what you went through and what your experiences were like so I can keep an open mind that we can choose to change or we can choose to accept and love ourselves, embrace ourselves for who we are so we can prioritisen where we need to be. Thanks again

CH3RRY likes this.