God and the Laws of logic.

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

What does cerca trova mean?

2. IAmLegion

IAmLegion Fapstronaut

Oh don't fret. He read the experiment. :)

I'd say part 2 was this post itself. And he fell for it hook, line, sinker, fishing rod and boat (hahahahha i did exaggerate that)

Brokenman123 likes this.
  3. IAmLegion

IAmLegion Fapstronaut

It means that he got what he came for.

And i got what i came for :)

He's following me now btw ^^
    A master turned slave :)

4. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Hmmm, interesting.

5. IAmLegion

IAmLegion Fapstronaut

Told ya before didn't i?

"I have all the data i need"

Brokenman123 likes this.
  6. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

We are talking about the supposed creator of all things, do you expect the conversation to be plain? Why do you expect god to fit within the realm of the possible? He IS the possible and impossible.

God is not a person. Were you alive before you were born? Will you die one day? You exist in this point in time, in the future your existence as you know it will cease. You are now because your perspective is now. Does god have a limited perspective. If you observe every point in time all at once then all events happen at once, you both exist and do not exist. We perceive time moment to moment. A perspective issue.
    Just because we view the universe to be a cirtain way does not mean it is that way in reality.
    This is why we have instruments for detection. Our minds and senses are unreliable as a whole.
    We think in dualistic terms, we cant even have something real without fake existing, our minds are incapable of thinking past this fully as our minds themselves are dualistic. One part for chaos one part for order. Surely god is not bound by such restraints.

7. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

According to almost all religions and theistic perspectives, God; s a person, usually a He. Also why did God create humans with a dualistic mind and not a mind like His that can see all perspectives? Also according to most religions God always existed, and will always exist which means there will never be a point in time or outside time in which God doesn't exist.

8. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

Personally: God = infinity = Everything.
    Any question starting with "why did god..." will lead me back to explaining that in my view he is everything so everything must exist. Including beings of all perspectives and versions.
    I dont atribute motive to God, infinity has no motive it is simply everything endlessly.

If true infinity exists then they do exist. Just not here.

9. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

I disagree on that in terms of christianity and islam.

10. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

You claim God is incomprehensible yet you know all these things about His nature and His infinity? How do you know this if nothing about God can be known or understood?

11. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman
    Staff Member

Your second statement is flawed, due to being nonsensical. It’s like saying you have a 4-sided triangle, or a married bachelor. It’s a contradiction in terms. It is not a limit to powers to not be contradictory.

12. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Well according to some theists God can do things that are logically impossible like creating a four sided triangle. In fact some even say that God Himself is a contradiction. So I'm going based on what some theists believe.

13. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

As i said:
    We are talking about a concept of infinity, I agree we cannot possibly comprehend actual infinity. If we could we would only be able to comprehend a part so small calling it small makes no sense. That is the part that we are, that we inhabit, this world, us. As part of infinity we are all connected to the truth. Everything is one. I question my own thoughts constantly and clearly I know nothing more than you or anyone else. It just appears to me that god being infinite makes way more sense in the part of our infinity called the universe. outside of that, outside the laws of science and logic god created, that God is, I dont expect them to make sense or be comprehensible. I dont expect to be right. As a human I do what all humans do, seek truth. And in doing so I believe this view of god brings more truths than any other, for me personally. That is all.
    No human can view god for we are finite, the best we can do is find the view that encompasses as much of him as possible, then structure our lifes around that. That's simply my perspective.

14. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

Haha ... saw this one comming. You really think you are smart right? :LOL

Anyways the answer to this question is simple. It's similar to the question"Can God create a rock He can't lift?".

15. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

To all Christian participants and members of other religions in this thread that I attacked, I sincerely apologize and I am sorry for propogating the negative stereotype of atheists of being attacking and condescending of theistic beliefs or even implying that I or my beliefs may be better in some way or another... I hope you didn't go away with those stereotypical beliefs and if you did I apologize. Your beliefs are not stupid and I'm sorry if I insulted anyone.