1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

God is more powerful than nofap

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

I recently converted to Christianity and felt the love of God in my heart that day. I was on the verge of giving up and committing suicide, but I felt a huge weight lifted from my chest after accepting Christ. IDK why but I feel better than any day I did on nofap.

2. Yes, I totally get it. But the better thing to do is to get a reboot done AND keep the faith.

When I was streaking and rebooting in 2018, I felt like I was more spiritually connected to God.

I believe that God blesses people in this program because it is hard and it is also valuable.

Tao Jones and kindaweird like this.
  3. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

This may be a time limited opportunity so far as changing your brain is concerned. Spiritual bliss is probably related to things like endorphin and maybe oxytocin. They don't call the "honeymoon" period for nothing, and working to rewire during this period may go MUCH further if you go by what someone like this is saying so use the time well: https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/oxytocin-and-rebooting.278579/

I say start doing more, it isn't just a time to enjoy the feeling. And when you interact with people you will also be inspiring them because that positivity will rub off on them.

ahighertruth likes this.
  4. Majorjsf

Majorjsf Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for your posts. I just recommitted to Christ myself and prayed with a pastor. I'm tempted to PMO after 21 days. Why now is especially confusing, but your story helps!

ahighertruth likes this.
  5. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Hey - the three week mark is very difficult to get past. If, or more likely when, you masturbate, think of why, what you were feeling, and what led up to it...it'll help you next time.
    Each time you stop is one time closer to the last time you stop!

6. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Woohoo!

Look back and see that he had you the whole time!

Tao Jones likes this.
  7. Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing. Welcome to the body of Christ. :)