1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

God's Glory

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Isaiah 60:1 ESV Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.”
    We need as much of the glory of God in our lives as possible. If we are empty of the glory, satan's tricks will always work on us. We need to copy Moses and pray: “Please show me your glory.”

We start to live in God's glory when we do what He wants us to do. We start to live in God's glory when we go to Him for our pleasure. We start to live in God's glory when we desire His beauty and greatness, not the beauty of …

Revelation 21:11 ESV
    Having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.”

We increase the glory of God in our lives when we trust God completely. The more we read and obey the Bible, the more we will trust God, and the more we will experience His glory.

Redbarnchurch.com noted the following:

“It is said that imitation is the highest form of flattery. People who strive to be like God bring glory to God. When we imitate the character of Jesus, we glorify Him. When we are loving and righteous in a world of hate and evil, we give testimony that God’s ways are good.”

We increase the glory of God in our lives when we try to live like Jesus.

Psalm 72:19 ESV
    Blessed be his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory! Amen and Amen!

We increase the glory of God in our lives when we work on the habit of running from lust. We are to flee sexual immorality and glorify God in our bodies (1 Corinthians 6:20).

1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV
    So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Redbarn finished with this:

“Let God’s glory FLOW – faith, love, obedience & witness!

Everything God does is for one purpose, and that is that He is glorified. The heavens are pouring forth speech and telling of the glory of God day after day (Psalm 19:1-2). When we live for God’s glory, we join in with the stars of the universe.

When we live for the glory of God, we live with great purpose. God designs us to give Him glory. Jesus says one of the reasons He came is so our joy will be full.

God promises that there is great reward and satisfaction when we think, speak, and act with the purpose of glorifying Him. The trajectory of everything in the universe is that the knowledge of the glory of the LORD will cover the earth as the waters cover the sea (Habakkuk 2:14).

The question we must ask ourselves is this: Is the glory of God worthy of our lives? Do we believe in God’s glory to such an extent that we are willing to live as sold-out Christians? The ones who God says, well-done thou good and faithful servant are those who are faithful to glorify Him with their lives.”

Exodus 40:34-35 ESV
    Then the cloud covered the tent of meeting, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. And Moses was not able to enter the tent of meeting because the cloud settled on it, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle.”

Studying verses on glory leads to a little bit of glory. Consider doing it often.

For the full article https://redbarnchurch.com/Archives/...we live for the,the purpose of glorifying Him.

Radioactive Rebooter likes this.
  2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

I don't have an overriding goal of always living in the glory of God. That is probably one of the reasons I had to make “habits” of a dozen techniques for quitting before I could quit.

When David was young he lived in the glory of God, always praising, always praying, always in the Word. His life was great, and he was mightily blessed. Then he got busy doing other things, and he fell hard. Then he repented and focused on living in the glory of God again. Finally, he got in a good place again. He wrote:

Psalm 72:19 ESV Blessed be his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory! Amen and Amen!

I read several books by Tommy Tenny who wrote The God Chasers. They were very helpful in leading me to focus on the glory of God. I really need to reread them. Often your local library has them.

1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Exodus 33:18 ESV Moses said, “Please show me your glory.”

David focused on living in the glory of God for thousands of days straight when he was young. His spectacular, blessed life is fully chronicled in scripture. He only got into lust when he “stopped doing what he was supposed to be doing.”

Today, plan how you will go to war with lust. Then consider getting busy doing good, and focusing on living in the glory of God. It is a two-part plan that will give you good results.

3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

All bad habits stem from the fact that we often don't know perfectly how to believe.

John 11:40 ESV Jesus said to her, “Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?”

If I do God's will in a 10% way today, I will live in some tiny way in the glory of God. If I run from sin and do God's will in a 50% way I will see some of the glory of God. On the mountain, Moses saw part of the glory of God. When he came down his face was glowing.

Second, we are made in God's image, so we should reflect His glory. #1 Sin will block His glory so a huge goal always is to run from sin. #2 If I don't remember to try to do God's will and live in the glory, I won't reflect His great glory. Consider praying:

“Father, help me to run from sin, and show me Your glory.”

Third, we all need something great in life. A daily goal should be to reflect His glory.

Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”

#1 Run from sin. #2 Focus on getting a bit of God's glory. #3 Do good deeds and let your light shine. Three habits that distract from bad habits. Three great habits to work on.

For the full article click