1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

God's Heart and Promises

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

This morning I had on my mind four major promises that God will fulfill, as long as we humbly request them of Him. The only condition to receiving these is faith. Anyway, this list started off with four and grew rapidly -- the result being kind of a crash course of the Lord's heart and promises. Please reflect on these verses because God would want us to. He wants us to receive His salvation for good! Not for 2 weeks, not for a year, for good!! God bless everyone.

God wants us to request grace and mercy from Him:
    Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
    Hebrews 4:14‭-‬16 NIV

God gives generously His wisdom to all who ask:
    If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
    James 1:5‭-‬6 NIV

God gives the Holy Spirit, we can receive Holy Spirit not only through some formal baptism but through coming to Him in faith:
    “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
    Luke 11:9‭-‬13 NIV

God does not want us to worry. He wants us to cast our lot on Him, our lot being what is beyond our grasps. He wants us to live in His refuge, to have His godly peace:
    Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
    Philippians 4:6‭-‬7 NIV

Remember to forgive others, do it right away for we don't know when Jesus is coming again:
    For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
    Matthew 6:14‭-‬15 NIV

And confess our sins to God:
    If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
    1 John 1:8‭-‬10 NIV

Love God, Love Our Neighbor, as He has has Loved us and has Loved us first. There is no greater command:
    “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
    John 15:9‭-‬13 NIV

Delight in the trials and tribulations:
    But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
    2 Corinthians 12:9‭-‬10 NIV

James says so too, otherwise we will not mature:
    Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
    James 1:2‭-‬4 NIV

I love the book of James. Live in step with one another, lead with a heart of empathy:
    But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.” Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?
    James 4:6‭-‬12 NIV

Also read all of John 15. Stay in His Vine! (posted in below message)

Stay in His Vine through faith, not the Law:
    What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but the people of Israel, who pursued the law as the way of righteousness, have not attained their goal. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone.
    Romans 9:30‭-‬32 NIV

And by the Spirit = life, not the flesh = death, so ask for the Holy Spirit to guide in truth again and again:
    Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.
    Romans 8:5‭-‬8 NIV

The fruits of the Holy Spirit:
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
    Galatians 5:22‭-‬26 ESV

In this fight against PMO we must give ourselves to godly sorrow to receive God's salvation:
    yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you became sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in any way by us. Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done. At every point you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter.
    2 Corinthians 7:9‭-‬11 NIV

Be still before Him. (Re)commit to Him. Wait for godly sorrow:
    Commit your way to the Lord ; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!
    Psalm 37:5‭-‬7 ESV

Repent and live! We have a God who Loves us and hates death:
    “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord . Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord . Repent and live!
    Ezekiel 18:30‭-‬32 NIV

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  2. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Stay in God's Vine (maybe make a prayer schedule). No good thing can be sustained apart from His Vine:
    “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: Love each other.
    John 15:1‭-‬17 NIV

BurgerChamp and Tao Jones like this.
  3. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

I wanted to add that beyond deliverance, we are always expected to be vigilant:

Our eyes are our lamps (what's our brain food, which is not nourishing to our walk?):
    “No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light. Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are healthy, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are unhealthy, your body also is full of darkness. See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you.”
    Luke 11:33-36

When we are guided with the Spirit thoughts that are against the Lord's kingdom will be more easily located. Take them captive, ask for forgiveness. I will attach the helpful "SET FREE NOWWW" resource (thank you to all who have circulated it through these forums).
    We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
    2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV

Four sweet proverbs. The Holy Spirit will help us see the signs of a potential "flesh pitfall". Flee immediately. If you are with sexually immoral/gossiping/slandering company, distance yourself!
    The prudent see danger and take refuge,
    but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.
    Humility is the fear of the Lord;
    its wages are riches and honor and life.
    In the paths of the wicked are snares and pitfalls,
    but those who would preserve their life stay far from them.
    Start children off on the way they should go,
    and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
    Proverbs 22:3-6 NIV

And again, remember we can always ask for the Holy Spirit from God the Father because of Jesus, we can always ask for grace and wisdom, and we can always ask for God's peace in turbulent times by bringing our anxieties to Him. The Word is full of wealth, please consider making it a top priority to read the Word daily, but an even large priority to stay in prayer and talking/walking with God daily.

Attached Files:

BurgerChamp, Tao Jones and vicicool like this.