1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Going bald.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Infrasapiens, Dec 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

I know this might not be too much of a help to someone in your situation, but that's really not how it works. You either are confident or you aren't. Real confidence comes from within. Confidence that is solely based on merit or other external factors is doomed to fail you sooner or later.

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Motivational. I'll just get a paper bag.

3. Um… what?
    Since when can't you have a social life with a bald head?
    Is there a law that says, "Bald people can't have a social life"?
    What an odd idea!
    You might as well ask how you keep a social life without a jacket. It doesn't make sense.

I've been bald for years. I shave my head every day so that what little hair I have left doesn't look messy.

Google "bald heads" and look at the images. You might be a little shocked as to how many famous and successful people have shaved heads. Even many people who aren't bald often shave their heads just to look bald.

4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Some people look better than others. I am very self-consious about my appareance, so my helped it a bit, now that is falling I'd preffer to avoid the shame of interacting with others to not run the risk of be made fun of.

Also there is a difference between shaving your head and having no hair. Shaving your head makes you look serious and/or professional, being bald just makes you look old.

5. magic05

magic05 Fapstronaut

If you are really bothered by it you could try hair transplantation. Surgeons made a lot of progress the last 15 years and it's socially acceptable as more and more famous people admitted doing it.

The only problem: you need around 10.000 $ and at least 35 years of age for good results.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Picsart2020-02-2--17-12-36.jpg At no point of my lifetime I will be able to get even close to 1/1000 of that amount. Besides considering a lot of stuff, I don't see myself being 35.

7. Silent Sinner

Silent Sinner Fapstronaut

Hey bud, I know how painful it is 'cause I too suffer from the same. I used to have the most sense hairline in my family. When I was exposed to pmo, my baldness got triggered (my father's trait). Well I didn't know that pmo could leave me this much miserable and eventually found that pmo causes the hairfall (how dumb) just few years before. Iam not completely bald but losing at a worst rate. Btw iam just 19 and using minoxidil to cope up with. Just saying you're not alone :p

8. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

The only thing we can do is accept it, but considering how appareance is everything nowadays, it is hard to accept.

9. You have some serious issues, my friend.
    Self-consciousness is something that you can work on.
    • Do only things that you are proud of doing (even if they're small things) so that you can be proud of everything that you do. In other words, never do something shameful.
    • Do your best at everything that you try, within the limits of your skills, time and resources, even when you aren't good at them.
    • Never judge others, so that you don't judge yourself.
    That way, you never have to worry about what other people think of you, because you are who you are.

Someone once told me something, and it took a while for me to understand, but I truly realise its truth now:

"What other people think of you is none of your business!"

These will go a long way to removing self-consciousness.
    Shame?
    Shame?
    Really?
    Shame is for people who do bad things. Rape, murder, paedophilia, politics, stealing, fraud, etc.
    Not for being born with a condition!

Would you tell someone born without an arm to be ashamed?
    Or a person with acne to be ashamed?
    Or a person with premature grey hair to be ashamed?

I hope not.
    So why are you telling yourself to be ashamed of being bald?
    Let me tell you this…

When a person makes fun of someone else for any reason whatsoever, that says a heck of a lot about the person making fun, and nothing at all about the person being made fun of. Bullies are cowards, and I don't listen to cowards. Period.

If someone is so stupid, insecure and cowardly as to make fun of something that you just happen to be born with, treat them like an irritating buzz in the background — ignore them. (Or, to use modern parlance, blank them.) That's what I do. I have no friends at all who do that sort of shit (a bit of male friendly teasing banter excepted, but all men do that), and I don't tolerate cowards who do that shit.
    Do you have a serious illness?

Silent Sinner likes this.
  10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I should listen to you, you have more experience being alive than me, I mean it, I don't say it as an insult.

Also, no I don't have a serious illness, but considering the lack of medical resources, the high crime rate, the rising prices and the lack of empathy of the population, it is a possibility.

11. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

Why would they lie about it? There's a lot of stories of people doing nofap with no knowledge or intention of stopping hair loss or getting hair growth yet they notice that their shedding stops on abstinence or gets worse on binges. This is something i noticed myself too.

But it simply makes no sense for dozens/hundreds of different people to lie about it in different threads over the course of months/years.

The theoretical connection of hair/sex function is there since Propecia, the (most powerful but also dangerous) med that is used to halt hair loss and get regrowth was initially used on enlarged PROSTATE. The hair connection was accidentally discovered.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  12. I feels ya guy, I just got home from the barber, every damn haircut nowadays shows a bit more of my hairline ran away... Something I think about tho, my pops has wildly thick hair and the same hairline he had as a kid, and he used to grow it out and take good care of it and all that. However the only way I remember him is bald because he's been shaving it all off for the last two decades. The only time he's mentioned much to me about his hair was years ago when I asked him why he started shaving his head... He said somethin about after my sister dying he realized more important shit to worry about... So whenever I start a melodramatic conversation in my head about my runaway hairs, I try to think of what the fuck actually matters to me enough to make my receding hairline seem meaningless... Today that was the fact that I have a day off today and I haven't had a panic attack or urges to drink or cut myself even tho I'm sober as fuuuuck, I'm finally writing some real shit for this english class and it feel like a mental orgasm, I've got fresh venison defrosting in the fridge for dinner and I'm planning a thing for me and a few friends I haven't seen for like four years to do this spring together so fuck you golden-locked society I've got other shit to make me happy

Stag99 likes this.
  13. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Because I can say with all certainty that I have a bigger streak than most reddit, and my hair still keeps falling.

Some people think NoFap is a magic lamp that fixes all your problems, so they use it as a placebo.

I'm not saying that NoFap doesn't have benefits, but the benefits are psychological.

14. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

This is a good advice.

15. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

This doesnt invalidate what dozens of people corroborated. Maybe in your case it does not work but i think you may be doing something wrong.

I would get hair loss, greasy scalp and itching even if i did not pmo but got sexually aroused alone and entertained those fantasies and kept an erection going.

16. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Yes, the semen retention section always tells me "You are doing it wrong", because "The magic of semen doesn't work if you don't believe in it. Believe in the semen!"

Baldness it genetic. If you are going to be bald, then you are going to be bald.

If semen had something to do with it, then like 99% of the males above 13 years of age would be bald.

17. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

It has nothing to do with semen retention since so many men have sex regularly but do not get bald.

It probably has something to do with a kind of sexual arousal and edging even without ejaculation.

You can be negative as much as you want but it will get you nowhere. So many people noticed a connection and Propecia is the proof that there is a connection between sexual arousal, prostate and hair loss.

18. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

You would have a point if it wasn't for the fact I am in a flatline.

19. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

You too dude.