1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Going out

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Hitto, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

I've been on 10 month streak I feel a lot more confident at peace with myself. I'm really not thirsty for attention or actively pursuing women but if the opportunity strikes I will and I've learned now not to take everything so seriously. But when I go out with friends I always make the mistake of drinking too much and blacking out. However, it's funny though I know for a fact it's counterproductive and essentially I know I become way less charming and funny when I'm wasted.I'm not trying to make going out my only way to meet women. But if and when I do go out I'm trying to find ways to limit my drinking or realizing when I should stop. I know it's different for everybody but, I would just like some suggestions thanks.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  2. Abird

Abird Fapstronaut

Could you use some interpunction? It's pretty hard to read.

You can try to stick to a limit of drinks. For example you drink 3 beer with your friends and if you find a girl you can drink 1 with her. You limit would be 4. Ofc you can change this to whatever limit you want.

Hitto likes this.
  3. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

I hate using punctuation in forums but I cleaned it up lol Thanks bro I will consider drinking beer because it's easier to gauge then a mixed drink

4. I'm pretty sure there is an APP for this on some mobile app store.
    But basic math is you figure out how many drinks it takes you to get totally shitfaced drunk cut it in half and evenly distribute them during the time you're supposed to be out. Also, I would be asking myself the question why you feel you need to get super inebriated to the point of loss of function, that's not so much fun.

Just try to keep a steady buzz going enough to loosen you up.

Hitto likes this.
  5. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

How about you try not drinking at all and see if your new mindset holds up in real situations.

Colin the Librarian and Hitto like this.
  6. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

lol I'll try that out

kayesem likes this.
  7. Abird

Abird Fapstronaut

If you like mixed drink than drink less. For example if you normal drink 8 Baco you should try to drink 2 with friends and then 1 if you find a girl and want to drink something with her.

Hitto likes this.
  8. kayesem

kayesem Fapstronaut

If you're not a drunken fool, but the girl is, it's kinda hard not to feel like you're taking advantage. Also, that maybe she is a slapper, and this whole thing is ridiculous.

Hitto likes this.
  9. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Well I did go out this weekend I successfully didn't black out and kept it to 4 drinks at max. I went out with my old friend from highschool and his fiancé's friends,and there was some drama towards the end of the night but that's another story. I noticed I was still a little shy around most of the women but I wasn't anxious at all I was just having fun staying with the group. While I was just talking to my friend and another guy some girls came up to us but I wasn't interested and was really into dancing with here and maybe I just wasn't really feeling the vibe. Another time throughout the night some girl bumped into me at the bar and she gave me some weird stare. I looked back at her with an animated face and said nothing at the time I wasn't feeling the vibe there either and didn't care about our interaction she seemed drunk anyway.Then there was another instance when I was just walking looking for my friends and some girl went out of her way to get my attention she was cute I danced with her.However I was talking to her and she said "I have so many boyfriends here" then I replied "maybe you can add me to the list" then left because I sensed drama from her crowd too. My overall learning experience from this is after being on NoFap for so long I realized how I used alcohol to bring out the lust in me.When I went out Friday I felt weird even grinding up on random women I have no clue about.Its like a sort of a revelation that I maybe should try to do find more clubs or social events then the bar and club.However, I'm still finding fulfillment through self-improvement and discovering who I am so I'm not too concerned about finding anyone but it would be nice

kayesem likes this.
  10. kayesem

kayesem Fapstronaut

bahaha. ☺

11. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

haha the funny thing is when I'm very drunk it's the exact opposite lol

12. ClaudeDuval

ClaudeDuval Fapstronaut

Use phenibut once in a while for talking to girls. It works on the same receptor as alcohol(gaba) but doesn't make you sloppy and disgusting. You can keep your composure on it, it simply makes you more relaxed and talkative. Overdose can give you hangover like side effects but taken in correct doses it's mild. Alcohol makes your breath stink and you usually end up making an ass out of yourself. lmao

13. kayesem

kayesem Fapstronaut

Tell it like it is!

Although...
    You get state dependant learning, and trading one chemically induced state for another sounds unwise. Alcohol is such an inferior drug, practically anything would be better than it. But by depending on any substance, it thieves your own capacity and responsibility, and attributes success to the chemical, so you become dependant on it if you ever want to keep on talking to girls, or grinding all up on the randoms, as the case may be. Plus, given your tendency to over-cook the turkey, you'd probably just end up blacking out on phenibut, smelling like roses and making a dick out of yourself, for a more reasonable price perhaps.

Fool me once, shame on you. You could not fool a girl twice without taking more drugs, and that's a viscous cycle to get locked into. Plus hey, without the drugs you might realise you don't actually want to spend more than 10 seconds with the girl in question. Is she really interesting, or are you just under the influence of something that makes her seem that way?

Stop drooling and grinding for a second and pay attention, buddy.

I love drugs, don't get me wrong. I was going to suggest smoking crack as a joke, because you could drink 10 times more and not even be tipsy, but yeh, that would be irresponsi bubble. It surely would put an end to blackouts, but may cause more problems than it solves. And cost too much.

If not for the reasons above, I would try phenibut for that exact effect. The name is so stupid though. Arse butt.

While straight, I met a girl a while ago who was cooked 6 ways from sunday on this and that. G. Oxys. Meeting her again later on, she was a totally different, far more mild, shy, nervous and introverted person. And I liked the second version more. It was honest and straight up. It was the real her. A respectable and stable mind state, it's hotter thank you'd think. People often think getting trashed on X,Y, or Z is an excuse to throw away all morals and habits of decency, then fail to own their emotions, actions and effects after the fact. By all means, party and have a blast, but life is about endurance, and those who want to sprint get to the end quicker. Look at any 40 year old alcoholic, they look like they are 65 and probably feel like it too.

All things in moderation, including moderation. Within reason.

14. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Absolutely lol I'm not gonna take any different drugs or anything I just observed how alcohol effects me when I'm going out I'm not looking for anything else or a different drug. Plus I care about my body and my fitness goals and alcohol gets in the way of that. I realize going out to these places may be a waste of time now that I'm older and especially going with no pmo for almost a year

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    kayesem likes this.