1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Going through heartbreak

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by DaddyFatSac, Nov 30, 2018.

1. DaddyFatSac

DaddyFatSac Fapstronaut

Last night, this girl I really liked told me “I like you but I just can’t see a future with you.” It crushed me. I threw shit, almost broke my hand on anything I could hit, and ended up crying. We all struggle with feeling like we’re not good enough, but it hurt coming from someone who made my life feel like a movie. It’s Friday night, I’m a senior in high school, and I’m not sure what to do tonight or the rest of the weekend. Part of me wants to go out with my friends, but I also want to stay in for the night. Not sure what to do. I don’t want to bury myself in loneliness but I also don’t want to end up rebounding with some girl I meet tonight. Any tips?

captainteemo likes this.
  2. We have to be careful with how we let others influence our lives. As a man, you need to start learning how to cope with rejection because there will be plenty of it as you grow.
    I understand you are young and feelings like these are hard to control. But put your self, your well being and everything above anyone.

Yes go out and have fun, kiss other girls, be with other girls, that is how you will get her to come running to you

3. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Welcome to life.

PowerfulSRE likes this.
  4. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Unless youre a privileged Turbo Chad the chances of the person you want wanting and loving you back the same way is about the same as trading in the stock market.

5. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Better to learn this now then after 20 years of marriage and 4 kids later.

PowerfulSRE and DaddyFatSac like this.
  6. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I remember being in similar situations when being younger and as tough as it may sound: You just have to get used to rejection because there will be more of it than approval/accepting during your lifetime. My problem when being younger was the sense of neediness where I thought I needed a girlfriend in order to be fulfilled and happy.
    I realized several years later that I first had to build a great life around myself (socially, spiritually, and physically) before I could approach women successfully as that would not make me feel needy and simultaneously free my mind from any outcome. Because, if you already have a great and abundant life, a girlfriend would just be the "icing of the cake" and not "the cake itself".
    Hence, you couldn't care less if you get rejected because your life is already great as it is and you know there will always be an abundance of women out there who would love to a part of it (as you are the catch and not them).

Nugget9 and DaddyFatSac like this.
  7. funny because thats what I said to my gf 3 weeks ago when we broke up.
    How to deal with breaking up ? Get drunk as fuck, destroy something, cry at home. Then wake up and move on.

8. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

When my ex-girlfriend left me I entered in a 5 months self-pity phase. In that period I realized a lot of things were wrong with me and then decided to change those things, and I would have never noticed those things if it wasn't for the heartbreak. If you feel you cannot go lower, then the only way to go is up, use this as an opportunity to improve yourself.