1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Good games for short sessions

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AlienOverlord, Nov 12, 2016.

1. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Fapstronaut

While I like my long, involved video games, sometimes all I want is something that I can quickly get into for a few minutes before moving on with my day. There's sites such as armor games but those are hit or miss and sometimes just don't have what I'm looking for. So I want to start a list.

One Way Heroics. It's a light turn based rpg game in which the world is being covered in darkness, forcing you to keep moving to the right. Worlds are procedurally generated. You get multiple classes and perks to choose from, and when you either die or complete the objective you get points to spend and a vault used to transfer items between playthroughs. It's short, simple once you get the hang of it, and not too bad of a way to spend ten or fifteen minutes.

Don't Starve. A brutal yet whimsical survival game that puts Dark Souls to shame (or so I imagine. I've never played dark souls.) You're dropped off in the middle of a generated world with nothing to your name except for maybe an item unique to the specific character. Daytime and dusk are used for gathering, crafting and exploring. Nighttime is for huddling in abject terror near your campfire as an unknowable, unkillable creature named Charlie lurks in the darkness. A full day/night cycle lasts for eight minutes and regularly auto saves. Oh, and without at least one of a small variety of single use items, death is permanent.

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds. A cutesy anime beat 'em up which has the player choosing from a variety of fighters, each with her own unique fighting style and skills. The story has something to do with fighters from another dimension wreaking havoc, so our heroes are forced to step up to do something about it. Fighting is generally fast paced. You can only have a limited number of skills and abilities at a time, but these can be freely changed (assuming they're unlocked) when not on a map. Missions aren't too long, some bosses are a pain, but overall a player can generally get through a map pretty quickly. There's also multiplayer, with up to four players at a time.

One Finger Death Punch. Oh boy. What can I say about this one? It's so stupidly simple yet strangely addicting. You have a dude in the center of the screen while baddies (or are YOU the bad guy??) charge at you from either side. You click the left mouse button for those on the left, the right for the ones on the right. But no button mashing! Timing is important. You miss from early or late timing, then 99% of the time they will hit you. Length of time depends on a few things. In story mode most of the time you'll have to defeat a set number of opponents. Sometimes you have a time limit. Other times you have less health. There are other mission types such as you have to use throwing knives or use a nunchaku or light sword the entire fight. Then there's survival mode. Go as long as you can (my best score was something like 2700 kills, which left me with a sore hand). The game speed regularly scales based on how well you've done. Just a fun, unique little game to pass some time.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    Deadlihood likes this.
  2. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon missions (a little out of left field, I know.)

Very, very enjoyable game series.

AlienOverlord likes this.
  3. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Fapstronaut

I've heard of that, but I'd never looked into it. As far has the handheld games go I've played yellow and gold. Mystery dungeon Certainly seems to be a different take from the standard template.

4. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Yes, very different. For the normal series - I've played Red, Ruby, Leaf Green, Fire Red, Emerald, Pearl, Black. All great games.