1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Good or Evil

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I have an interesting question. recently in an Chinese online class of mine we have been discussing when you are born if your nature is good or evil in the beginning. I personally think the scriptures tell us we have sin from birth and that the only way we can be saved is to trust in Christ. But since This is a class with classmates with all kind of religions and countries, I was wondering if there was anyway of explaining the point of ''someone being evil or good when born'' in a way that is more Neutral/factual way? Not sure how to say that haha.

Maybe there is no other way then simply saying how it's described in the bible, but was just wondering how you guys would counter such a question if asked

Toni7 likes this.
  2. The concepts of good and evil are often regarded as metaphysical concepts, so their origins are difficult to discuss without bringing in the metaphysical realm. In fact, I would argue that only the Judeo-Christian concept of good and evil is ultimately rational and satisfactory, because only it grounds "goodness" in the reality of an unfailingly good God.

Toni7 likes this.
  3. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Great, I will be watching this video soon, thanks!

Toni7 likes this.
  4. Lord Jesus Christ was wrongly tried, humiliated, beaten and crucified under law.

But the Son of God continues to love us all.

Only Father God can answer a question like that.

(Revised 7 14 21)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2021
  5. I enjoy and am edified by most of your posts. You lost me on this one, though. :)

6. You could point out that even a very young child will be defiant, disobey and lie. If they were not born bad they would have to be taught these things before they practiced them. You can also see jealousy and envy at a very early age. I hope this helps. Challenge your peers to talk about their beliefs on this. If they talk about moral values ask them what the basis for them are?