1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Got caught up with a flirt

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kman20, May 8, 2018.

1. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I have a female friend who often flirts with me and I liked this and would regularly flirt back. We’ve recently made some new friends and I see that she flirts with them too and I somehow felt betrayed by this. Now I realized that she may just be a flirt that does it with everyone just for the fun of it but I got caught up with it and now I feel betrayed. But I believe it is my own fault for taking it seriously. Why did I get so attached ? I feel I should not think this person thinks anything more of me than a friend now. Looking back though it’s easy to see that she migh of just been just messing around the whole time how do I flirt without getting attached to it? I’m thinking I got attached in the first place because I’m lonely and rarely talk to attractive girls.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  2. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

Mate, my advice to you.. is to open up & talk to her about your feelings for her.. (you never know.. she may share the same feelings for you too)

3. Turcu Laurentiu

Turcu Laurentiu Fapstronaut

Or maybe her intent was to make you jealous? maybe to test how you react to that, or to force you to make a move on her... anyway, you should talk to her about your feelings, and if she goes for just friends response, you should stay away from her, or stay friends, but don't get obsessed with her.

A41:14A likes this.
  4. And this is part of why people say woman are a mystery haha.

5. ak47_uk

ak47_uk Fapstronaut

Move on girls like that are worth 10 a penny

6. I think that's a bit premature... we dont really know what OP means when he says "flirt." Some people view anything a girl does to them that's nice as "flirting," so let's not be so quick to assume the girl is a tramp or something. Maybe she's just nice and funny and sarcastic. That's how I was growing up, and some people may have viewed it as flirting, but I wasn't doing anything harmful. I was just being funny and witty and nice, and most people appreciate that.

A41:14A and Kman20 like this.
  7. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

This^ following up it was more like this. My inexperienced might have interpreted it as flirting.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. ak47_uk

ak47_uk Fapstronaut

Just my opinion, just as this is yours. Whos right only God knows and the girl.

9. ak47_uk

ak47_uk Fapstronaut

Well said

10. My ex in highschool was actually someone who was very flirty with other people. I didn't really realize it at the start but it became more noticeable and I disliked it. After 4 months I broke up with her mainly for that reason as I would just become jealous and angry that she seemed so carefree with other guys. So I also think I wanted to hold on to her because I didn't talk to many girls and I pretty much jumped at the chance of having a girlfriend. It was nice and I liked being with her and doing stuff. But it was never a genuine thing and we never even got to know each other well. My dad was actually the one who urged me to break it off when I told him my concern of her flirting. And I really didn't want to at the time and I actually said I loved her, which I definitely did not deep down. I know it was just because I didn't want to be lonely again, and I wanted to feel wanted by someone. But now looking back I wish it happened sooner. I remember distinctly that I was her 3rd boyfriend, and now she's in the double digits with boyfriends who never seem to last more than a year so I guess that says something.