1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Got stuck at the gym for many hours during the heavy rain

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by MJ Warrior 93, Nov 22, 2016.

1. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

I know I should've said this sooner, but no matter.

Today, I rode my bike, all the way to the gym, wich is very near at my home town. Like.. short minutes away. Then at 1:38 pm, I arrived there to train my back and triceps.

52 minutes later, I finished training my back.

42 more minutes later, I finished training my triceps.

So then on, I was leaving the gym, opening the door to exit, but some how, it was raining already. I went back inside to wait until the rain stops.

While I was waiting, I decided to get a massage for a few minutes, wich wasn't so bad.

After that, I went to sit on a couch, and kept waiting, and waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

While waiting, I made a conversation with some people about how heavy it was raining outside. While some left, I kept waiting, and waiting until the rain stops, so I could get my bike and ride all the way back home.

But what happened? The rain never stopped!! It kept raining and raining for fucking hours, even before and after I finished working out!! I was stuck there until 5:56 pm. And so, my mom noticed, and she called me, telling me that she was gonna pick me up to give me a ride home. So, she did.

And no way in hell, I was gonna take the risk of riding my bike all the way back home, soaking wet like the last time. It was not very pleasant when I did that once.

And it rains alot here, every day, because I, usually, live in a caribbean tropical island.

Ok, now I have a question for those who train at the gym.

Has this ever happened to any of you before? If so, when? And for long you had to wait until the rain stops? Unless you have a car to drive!

2. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Yeah, but I just did my usual thing... It's only water man!

3. Savedbyblood

Savedbyblood New Fapstronaut

How do I make my own post?

4. Dziki007

Dziki007 Fapstronaut

What a story...dude its just water. I always loved to run while it was raining because it gives you additional energy i feel like superman, same as riding bike its awesome.

5. I would just walk out when it's raining. I would not even wait 5 minutes until it stops, even if I see that clouds are going away. Yea, sometimes it feels shitty to walk during rain. But my philosophy is: if we can't handle discomfort of even a little bit of water how are we going to handle big shit in life? Cos en inevitably sooner or later you will have to deal with some serious discomfort. This is what cold showers are supposed to do (I'm sure you've heard of this, quite popular concept in nofap). To train yourself with something small so the discipline would translate to the big thing. So by facing some tiny discomforts in my life I ensure that I will less likely be afraid to face the big ones, when it really matters.

Kennen and Headspace like this.
  6. MJ Warrior 93

I'm not that stupid enough to not know that -_-

7. Dziki007

Dziki007 Fapstronaut

EMBRACE YOURSELF

8. MJ Warrior 93

I'm pretty sure I always know of that.

I've had worse, buddy. Believe me. I never said that life is easy.

But still, I needed to get that big rain situation off my chest.

9. I never said that this makes you soft. My point is that it's about exercising bad habits and negative thought patterns. That worse might have been easier to handle if small things like this are not being avoided. If we do small things right it not only becomes easier to do big thing right when time comes but also other small things. Life just becomes more smoother sailing when little, necessary discomforts are not decisions but habits.

Dziki007 likes this.
  10. Attaboy

Attaboy Guest

I like the rain, but I can understand why you might not want to walk/ride in it. Last time I went walking during a downpour I got really sick. That damn sickness put me out of commission for a week and a half.