1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Got to beat sugar- Yet I've suffered unexpected obstacles.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Fractured Mindset, May 22, 2019.

1. I have no intention of completely abstaining from sugar, But I want to seriously reduce my intake. This is going to take some serious discipline, as in making sure I've got a variety of healthy choices of food at home (suggestions welcome), making sure my sister doesn't eat any of the fruits I get for myself, making sure I don't consume any sweets my mom brings home (which I've done the last few days), and not having a sugary snack on work breaks, and so on. This I think will be somewhat easier when I move out in August, since I'll be more accountable for myself, I can teach myself new disciplines, and I don't have to worry about being influenced by others in the way I am right now.

It was part of my new years resolution to do this, January was stopping the sugar stuff at work, which mostly happened but it's falling apart on me (I'll explain below). February was cutting fast foods, which has been pretty successful. Though I have gone on occasion (like today), I've got that one down. And March was removing sugar drinks (mainly sparkling grape juices and brisk 1 liters), and while I've cut those, I did get some new stuff recently, but as of today, I want to send that packing.

And for my failures, the sugar stuff came back do to weight concerns, where into the first four weeks of the year, I dropped seven pounds, four weeks later, three, and the next four one. The nurse that took my measurements was concerned, but my doctor wasn't. He even suggested I have a bowl of ice cream at night, which I kind of did but not always at night and not always once. Also, the transitionary periods between each weigh in are when I started to slack from my goal.

As for the Juices, I started buying more normal fruit juices to help swallow some allergy pills I was prescribed, but would have amounts throughout the day. But now, I'm switching to milk or water.

Eating healthier will help improve my energy (not feeling to energetic after my Wendy's lunch today), and also help me control my libido. I've made some improvements but there's more to do.

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.19.30 PM.png
    As for reviewing my weight, I have had drops before, but this recent one seems more dramatic. (and please note I was 14 in June 2011)