1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Got to shake hands with an author I respect

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by nofapper94, Jan 20, 2016.

1. nofapper94

nofapper94 Fapstronaut

Hey everyone,

Today I had an exciting moment. I read a lot of books on Christian apologetics and Lee Strobel has been a leader in writing books on this topic. I saw him in Starbucks today and I walked right up, introduced myself, and shook his hand. To most people, this wouldn't be that big a deal.

Before NoFap I would've just sat there and pondered "Is that really him?" and been star struck (even though he's really only a celebrity to people who are interested in Christopher Hitchens WLC type debates and dialogues) it would've still made me too nervous to approach him.

I want to thank NoFap and the community. To most this probably isn't a big deal, but I have a great deal of respect for Mr. Strobel, and for me to risk appearing socially awkward and approach him out of nowhere was out of character for me. Just thought I'd share this with you, so that you may too be confident meeting your celebrities.

God Bless,

Brian