1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Grateful to have found this community

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by aerobubble4, Apr 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. aerobubble4

aerobubble4 Fapstronaut

I am 24 years old. I had huge social anxiety problems in my late teens and my insecurity affected my social interactions with women. I was too insecure about my physical appearance. But I am better now.

I first masturbated when I was a month away from 18. This is way late than most people. But I came across masturbation in a very natural way - not through the internet. And I am happy about that.

I have been seeing a girl for a month now. We are in a pre-dating phase. But I tend to over think on every small thing. And I think that has to do with my insecurity and fear of not this not working out especially because this is the first time things have reached this stage.

I watched a couple of TED talks and that's how I reached here just like many others.

I understand the human psychology and the role of hormones/testosterone/dopamine in the way we feel and behave. I think by not masturbating for a prolonged period, I will be able to feel more confident, socialize better and better navigate my relationship with this woman. I want to start off with 30 days and then take on from there. I already have been doing it less since I started seeing this woman. I haven't for about 5 days now. I am sure I am going to have urges, but by writing this, having a tracker on my wall and being part of this community I think I can do it.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  2. Hey & Welcome to NoFap Community! :)

You are in the right place for recovery here. We are so glad to have you with us to beat this addiction together.

You can go read some Success Stories in the "Success Stories" section to learn more about the benefits of NoFap , get useful tips and ideas to help you in the reboot.

If you have any question about rebooting, you can ask it in the "Rebooting" section.

And i would recommend you to make your own journal in the "Reboot logs" corresponding to your gender & age to track your everyday progress.

Best of luck to you in your journey!

-The Winner

White Sheep and aerobubble4 like this.
  3. Honkytonk

Honkytonk New Fapstronaut

Yes u can. Stay strong my friend.