1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Verses

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

I am planning a new collection of verses. The verses for quitting have a lot of the best verses for a lust habit, but there are plenty more great verses out there.

Whoever pursues righteousness and love
    finds life, prosperity, and honor. Proverbs 21:21

We all want what this verse says, and this verse is great for fighting sin habits. To pursue righteousness, and make this verse come to life, consider making a list of verses about righteousness and meditating on them. Next, do the same thing with verses about love. Next, see how many days it takes for God's promise of life, prosperity and honor to happen. Next, add power verse number two.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Psalm 143:8

Secondly, pray: “Father, show you me the way that I should go.” When we are willing to do what God wants us to do, there is tremendous power in this prayer.

Here is a list of exciting verses:

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. 12 Blessed art thou, O Lord: teach me thy statutes. 15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. 16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word. Psalm 119:11-16 KJV

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Above all else, guard your heart,
    for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:22

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. Collossians 3:1-3

But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
    8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. 1 Timothy 4:7-8 KJV

Your word is a lamp for my feet,
    a light on my path. Psalm 119:105

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58

Lord, you are my God;
    I will exalt you and praise your name,
    for in perfect faithfulness
    you have done wonderful things,
    things planned long ago. Isaiah 25:1

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:6

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12

For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: 11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it. 12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil. 1 Peter 3:10-13 KJV

Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:15-16

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Acts 16:25

I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. Proverbs 8:17

Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God. 2 Corinthians 7:1

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. James 1:5

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? 10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:9-10 KJV

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34

For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Matthew 6:14

If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; John 14:15-17 KJV

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

I put today's update (7-29) as an addition to the beginning of the above thread.

Tao Jones likes this.