1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Group meet-up app to make friends

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Jun 25, 2019.

1. There a very popular app called "meet up" that you can use to meet people just like you and do things your interested in.

If your lonely it's worth a try

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. FormerFapaholic

FormerFapaholic Fapstronaut

That sounds like a great idea. A gathering from like-minded people who all have one goal to beat their PMO addictions.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  3. Alexa_Mcgregor

Alexa_Mcgregor Fapstronaut

Have you tried it out, does it work okay? I don’t speak the language where I moved to so I am feeling quite lonely and want to find like minded people

4. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

My experience with the app is that it's quite useful. I live in Germany and barely speak German, but most people on meetup do speak English.

The experience with the gatherings themselves is another story. Twice I thought it's just a dating exercise, not a meet up to hike or take photos. So the people that are coming there may not be that interested in the actual topic, but just to get a hook up. Also, if 20 people confirm their presence, usually less than 10 come to the meeting. Sometimes that's actually better, if you're afraid of large crowds. Also sometimes, those people have met before several times and you'll be more or less an outsider; it can be rather frustrating.

Another app/site that I am using is called InterNations. You have to pay for it, but usually the quality of the people is higher, the quality of the meet ups is also higher. Since this app is mostly for expats, everyone is likely to speak English.

Alexa_Mcgregor likes this.
  5. The first Meetup get together I went to was a scam. People trying to sell something. I reported that group. It disappeared but I just saw that it popped up again with a different name.

The second try has been very good. I went for the second time last night, bowling night every Monday.

Please do be careful when you do go to a Meetup get together. There are scammers out there.