1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

GROW UP - Men posting in the "Women's Reboot" forum

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by MrBlue201, Apr 3, 2020.

1. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

That is wrong. Even the one men can access describes that responses should be from other women. It clearly says "women rebooters".

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Joe1023 and Deleted Account like this.
  2. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

That is because the thread's there are women's threads. If men weren't allowed to reply, why is it even possible for them to do so? It's same as with the age-specific sections. Only people that belong to the agegroup are permitted to start threats, but anyone can reply. Also if men weren't allowed there, why would there be another women's section where men aren't allowed?

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Just because you can steal from a toddler, doesn't mean you should!

I can't argue with someone who wants to enable people that do this... but Shady, if you can be reasonable; and if you can read the actual content of my words and not deflect, read the below.

I am offering a solution. Please go to the "Read this First" section. Familiarize yourself with it. I believe it should be:
    1) Adhered to.
    Or
    2) Changed.

(almost every item would have to be changed)

4. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I rest my case. This is not something worth discussing back and forth on. It is something that needs to be addressed. I hope, having fresh eyes here, I successfully pointed out the issue.

Now its not my place to fix it, but maybe a moderator will. I am going to worry about my own life now.

5. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

If there was a way to prevent anyone from stealing, we would do it. Taking the rights to reply away from men in certain section isn't rocket science -level programming.

I have read it. But here's the thing. In the read first thread there's no mention of who's allowed to reply. It only lists the type of threads that are allowed. Or can you point me to a part in which men are directly told not to reply?

But since there is clearly room for misconception, I'll post a thread to the technical support and feedback -section asking for a clarification to be made. I suppose then we'll see who interpreted the rules correctly.

Edit: I did it. Here's a link: https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?t...-threads-in-the-womens-reboot-section.272379/

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  6. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Good! A lot of people are commenting about this. Either way, we all want to know! Are the guidelines meant to be ignored? Or not. An answer would clear that up.

I'm all about a solution here, done with the back-forth bickering.

Joe1023 likes this.
  7. There's a fine line in responding on a women's journal. Sensibility and common sense is enough for navigating through it, but sadly, it's rare these days!

8. First of all, it's NOT meant for only women to reply. It's simply a way to organize journals.

Secondly, how on earth does giving a piece of advice translate to being "desperate"? I think you're projecting. And again, being incredibly judgemental to act like any guy trying to help a woman is "desperate." Maybe they're just a nice person?

Deleted Account and Anakin66 like this.
  9. How are they preying on vulnerable people by offering some advice? Geez louise, I can't imagine living in a world like the one you apparently live in. Why are you so quick to assume the worst about people? Maybe they are literally just being nice people and trying to help someone.

This thread is incredibly sad. It saddens me that you can't see the possibility of someone just being a nice person and wanting to help and support others, regardless of their gender. If that's how you feel about it, fine, but don't project that onto everyone else and tell everyone they need to grow up and live by your standards.

I'm a woman, and I fully, 100% disagree with you. Men are not only free to comment on women's posts, but I would go so far as to encourage them to, as long as it isn't triggering for them. More men here need to learn that women are just people like the rest of you. Your way of segregation is only going to further that divide.

Except they totally don't agree with you, or the women's section would have been closed to men completely a long time ago. If they wanted it to be only for women, they could make it that way. This has been an ongoing debate and they have repeated stated they don't want to close the section off to men, because they think we can all learn and grow from each other and we shouldn't separate everyone by gender completely.

So no, the mods don't agree with you. And the proof of that is in the fact that there is a second women's section that is closed to men. If they wanted the first women's section to be closed to men, they could have made it that way, but they obviously didn't.

10. Oh brother. What a ridiculous comparison.

Stop your damn projecting. Not every man who talks to a woman is some kind of predator, and it is HARDLY the same as stealing from a toddler! Seriously, what on earth kind of statement is that? They are doing absolutely nothing wrong by posting encouragement and help in the women's section. Two different women here have told you that. We don't need you to white knight for us over something we never asked for in the first place.

11. Yeah, I've done that. I've been here a long time, and I'm a woman, and I used to be a moderator for a time. I understand the rules. You clearly don't. Those rules do not state that men aren't allowed to reply. If they didn't want men to be allowed to reply, they literally have the ability to make it impossible for them to do so (like they have in the private women's section). You are the one misunderstanding the rules there.

12. You didn't. There is no issue. It's your own problem if you think men are bad for trying to help and encourage women here. That's your issue, not everyone else's.

13. Of course the guidelines aren't meant to be ignored. They aren't being ignored. Several people have already pointed out to you there there is nothing in the rules that says men can't respond to the women's section. I don't see why you still think they are breaking the rules, when that rule doesn't even exist. There really isn't even a question that needs to be answered.

Honestly, this whole thing seems incredibly silly to me. Like I said, two different women here have told you you're wrong and that we don't want the men banned from replying to theesd in the women's section. It's really silly to lick up a fuss about something when the only "victims" in this would be the women, and the women don't agree with you. So who are you fighting for?

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. Here:

https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/seeking-feedback-womens-only-section.85455/

Read that. This conversation has already been discussed at great length, among the women because they are the ones whose opinions actually matter in this discussion.

It's very clear and obvious that men are allowed in the women's section, but not in the private women's-only section. If this isn't clear enough, then idk what else to say.

I'm just a little ticked off with the way you are talking about men who post in those threads, because as a woman, I see this crap all the time and let me tell you, it is the opposite of helpful. It furthers the divide between genders, and it makes good, kind men who wanted to help now feel like they're going to be seen as creeps or simps or white knights or "nice guys" just for talking to a woman and trying to help her.

I HATE that garbage. It does absolutely nothing to help women, and even when women say it does nothing to help us, people don't seem to listen.

Again, please stop fighting for us over something we don't even want. We didn't ask you to do that, and it's not helpful. I get that you think you're trying to be helpful, but you're just not. At least not in my opinion. Obviously I don't speak for all women.

This just reminds me of when a male friend of mine sticks up for me or says something nice to me online, and a bunch of other idiot dudes come along and tell him he shouldn't, because I'm a woman and he seems desperate or some stupid nonsense. He's not desperate, he's being a good friend. I appreciate all my male friends, and I don't appreciate people talking badly about them and their intentions in being friends with me. It implies that there's no reason they should want to be friends with me unless they're after something sexual, which is actually quite insulting to me. I think I have a lot to offer a guy as a friend, as they have a lot to offer me as a friend. So if men and women want to support each other and be friends, maybe just mind your own business.

Deleted Account and Gorgewalker like this.
  15. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

I mean to be fair the fact that we are even having this debate and that there are several people who have misunderstood the purpose of the women's reboot section goes imo to show that the read first -thread isn't clear enough on the subject. Adding a clear explanation on how much men are allowed to contribute surely wouldn't hurt anyone.

MrBlue201 likes this.
  16. Sorry, I know that was a lot of replies. I guess I feel strongly about this. Lol

17. I guess. I've just never seen anyone confused about whether or not men are allowed to post there before. I've seen people say they don't personally think they should, or that there should be a rule against it, but I've never seen anyone claim that there is already a rule against it. It seems pretty obvious to me that there is no rule against it, or else they would just make it impossible like they have with the other private section. So I don't personally think there's anything wrong with the rules, and I think most everybody understood them just fine. But if they want to clarify them more, that's fine. My main issue is with someone acting like the men who are posting there are some kind of predator scum bags or something. That's literally how I found all of my friends when I first started here, and there is nothing wrong with those kind, helpful men who reached out to me in my time of need and gave me guidance.

18. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Well, they were all good replies.

Me neither before this. But as of now there are sixteen likes on the original post.

Don't get me wrong, to me it seems pretty clear too. It just doesn't make any sense to have two women's sections forbidden from men but not have any surveillance on one of them. But the amount of people agreeing with the op leads me to believe that somehow the rules have just objectively failed to convey the message.

I'm 100% with you on that one. Sad how paranoid people are towards men nowadays.

Anakin66 and Deleted Account like this.
  19. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

6 posts in a row, wow. If you're familiar with the rules do you think they should be modified? Or followed?

I respect you! And I think you misunderstand me. I think men should help women! But not on that thread. Modify, or adhere? I'm curious what people think.. I'm being friendly.

Modify the rules? Or adhere to the rules? That would sort this out! :)

20. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Shady asked the tech support. We'll hear back soon I'm sure.

If the "Read this first" section didn't say with "other women rebooters" on every rule I'd agree. I'm not the boogeyman. I'm just saying that sexual issues require gender to be considered. Nobody wants to create a divide. We were are all being friendly!