1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Guess I'm gonna have to friendzone her

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Capt. U, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Capt. U

Capt. U Fapstronaut

It has been almost 7 months since I have been in a romantic relationship.
    I started my NoFap journey on November and have had many fuck ups and triumphs.

Last month, I thought I was finally getting the hang of my journey and decided to re-open up my dating apps. POF was the first app that had to go just because there are too many bots and prostitutes that tempt me, so it had to go.

My favorite app had to be Okcupid just because people there seemed to put a good amount of information on who they are, so it made it more interesting for me when I messaged them.

Eventually, I did meet a women there and wound up going on 3 dates. I tried my best to keep sex jokes to a low and to take things real slow. Last week, she texted me that she was drunk and "wished" I could be there.

The hoe in me wanted to sext her and get her in the mood before I made my move. I knew that if I played my cards right I could have scored. I didn't do though, it didn't felt right and part of me knew if I did would up scoring with her it could have turned into a classic "smash and dash" situation. We still text here and there but because I value my recovery process more. I think I am just gonna ask her to be my friend. I feel like dating at the moment is slowing my recovery process because I have been getting an abnormal amount of cravings to PMO.

I guess I just need more time to recovery and I could use an actual female friend.

2. 1978

1978 Fapstronaut

Don't ask her to be your friend. She wants to have sex with you. Don't be friends with someone who wants to have sex with you that you don't want to have sex with. Be friend with people where sex is not an issue. There are plenty of people who don't want to have sex you and you won't want to have sex with them. Be friends with them instead.

Men and women can be "just friends", but only when there aren't unrequited sexual or romantic feelings on one side.