1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hand writing.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Prodigal Warrior, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Who else here sucks at they're handwriting? I regret all those years of hating my school work involving cursive and writing... Now I want it and I suck for not doing it.

I've been practicing my handwriting and trying to fine tune how I write things, anyone else trying to practice?

2. I just ordered this pen.
    [​IMG]
    It looks like a nice pen.

3. I have to work on my handwriting also.

4. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

I don't just need to work on that, but I feel I need to work on my cursive as well. We did it for like one year in elementary school, but we haven't since then and the only thing I write in cursive now is my signature which I could work on that even more.

5. Yup, I need to work on cursive as well.

6. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

Handwriting is obsolete but good for you guys lol.

7. Not obsolete.

8. *Like* because this sub forum doesn't allow liking.

Also hand writing has more power in the words, it takes more time and thought, it shows commitment and strength, anyone can write on the keyboard and use auto corrects and all that garbage, but a beautifully put together hand written document, it has more power and meaning.

9. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Bad handwriting means you are smart.
    They have done studies on this.
    Doctors have bad handwriting.
    Girls with pretty bubbles handwriting are actually Really stupid.
    I used to Hate my handwriting and then I learned this from reading some studies.
    I guess I'm just intelligent.
    You can tell a lot by how someone writes.

10. MellowFellow

MellowFellow Fapstronaut

My handwriting used to be good but became messier through the years as I typed more and wrote less. Quite recently I worked through cursive tutorials on YouTube and it's a lot better now. The style I learned on YouTube is quite old-fashioned though and I might switch to a modern style.

11. I highly doubt that has anything to do with intelligence. Whoever did that study must have great handwriting... Hue.

12. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Lol... Riiiiiiiggggghhhhttt

13. I am right handed thanks for noticing.

14. Really? Where did you learn this info?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  15. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

A documentary I saw on cable once, I looked it up then, I don't remember any of it now.
    This was a dozen years ago. Maybe a decade now
    Information could be different... I was just saying what I remembered

16. Yeah, the information could probably be different by now but that's interesting to know. Thanks for sharing.

17. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

No problem... I had to think about it and then I went... Ech.. I'm old

18. The_Motorcyclist

The_Motorcyclist Fapstronaut

@Prodigal

I've been suffering due to bad handwriting from third grade. I'm pretty sure I'd score more than ten % points during school/college if I had legible handwriting. On top of it, I chose a career where one has to give written exams for more than five years.

Over the years, I never really put in the effort to improving now I've started.

Notice that the chap in this video () writes each letter separately in each word. For me this is difficult, but has definitely shown some results. Try slowing down your speed. And more than anything focus on legibility (rather than beauty).

Will keep sharing my efforts in this thread!