1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Handstand push-ups

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Testify, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

I want this excercise to be a part of my recovery regimen but really, i do not even know where or how to start. I read somewhere that i should fist learn headstand push-ups.
    Plus: are you aware of any very good fitness/bodybuilding forum?

2. AlphaWolf1408

AlphaWolf1408 Fapstronaut

What's a headstand push-up ? I've never heard of a push-up on standing on your head lol !

A good start would be to use the wall as leg support and simply hold yourself in the handstand position to strenghten the ligaments and shoulder muscles. Only then should you start lowering yourself down and trying the push-up.

Be careful, it's pretty though on the shoulders, especially if you've never done it before.

"www.bodybuilding.com" is a solid site to get a good grasp on basic exercises.

Testify likes this.
  3. AlphaWolf1408

Ok so I googled a bit and found this about the "headstand":

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-...sions-thatll-help-you-nail-handstand-pushups/

It's only a transition to later get onto the handstand position.

Seems like an uneccesary movement in my opinion (if your goal is the handstand pushup).

I would personally just get in the position that the dude does in the last picture and try from there ;)

Testify likes this.
  4. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

Hey there, thank you!
    Yes, my mystake, there's no headstand pushups :-D
    Before reading your answer i was able to perform a headstand, i helped myself with wikihow. From that position i was unable to lift me off the ground using the strenght of arm and shoulders, anyway...
    The article you posted seem to be useful, i just read it.

I thought that maybe i should look for an italian fitness forum, is hard to understand everything in english...

AlphaWolf1408 likes this.
  5. AlphaWolf1408

You're welcome ! :)

6. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

are you able to perform handstand push-ups?

7. I think all you have to do is try doing at least one handstand by the wall. With time try more and more. What matters is your core, man. It holds you together. The stronger it is and the better your arms are, the easier it is.

8. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

And by the core you mean... (i'm not english/american)

9. Check out fitnessfaqs on youtube. He has a lot of useful stuff.

Also check out his home hero program (mailed to you as pdf after you sign up for his newsletter), there you will find a lot of exercises useful for progressing with your hand stand push ups. He also has a fitness forum, perfect for discussing these type of things! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
    https://fitnessfaqs.com/homehero/