1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy to join

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Irish-lad 1994, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Irish-lad 1994

Irish-lad 1994 Fapstronaut

Hi All
    I have had a PMO problem for years and have been diagnosed with depression and had social anxiety. I came across NoFap by accident. I have read a lot of posts for the last couple of months and I agree with a lot that people are saying about the effects of PMO. I am currently on a 27 day hardmode streak. my previous best was 13 days

stopthebuzz likes this.
  2. stopthebuzz

stopthebuzz Fapstronaut

Wow! Great work! 27 days is certainly something I would be very proud of. Going more then a week has been a huge struggle. Hopefully with my start today you will always be 27 days ahead of me! Carry on!

3. Irish-lad 1994

Irish-lad 1994 Fapstronaut

Hey. thanks for your support. So far its been amazing. it has certainly helped with the depression and social anxiety and has strengthened my relationship with my friends and family. I found the stress of college as the main triggers for the last couple of months. Any ideas on how to overcome this

4. stopthebuzz

stopthebuzz Fapstronaut

Life has a way of seeing how much stress we can endure. I don't see stress as a trigger, simply as an uncomfortable state that looks for avenues of escape. These avenues begin with finding self-indulgent triggers that lead me down the path of becoming something different, something distracted, something I will regret after the dopamine high of orgasm quickly diminishes. I am finding if I take on a small piece of the thing causing the stress, make even a little progress against it, my state of mind improves rapidly. The smallest positive step can save us!