1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hard/Painful erection all night

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Blue jeans, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Blue jeans

Blue jeans Fapstronaut

I used to M without fantasy and at some point I felt that I overdid it and damaged something. I think Ming often and without anything sexy meant that I was lacking stimulation and so had to physically go too hard? And that seems to have done the damage. As a result I've been finding that I'm basically hard all night. I have to stand up and walk around a bit to go down. Its a bit better after that, usually still goes hard but not painful. Its like my body has decided that when I'm horizontal it needs an erection, regardless of whether I'm thinking of something or touching myself. Has anyone had anything like this? Have any advice? Of course I appreciate that its normal and healthy to have erections when you sleep. But this seems to be more than that. Thanks

2. Jhonnes_Jhonnes

Jhonnes_Jhonnes Fapstronaut

I know what are you are talking about. If I fapped a lot right before going to bed, I would have this hard painful erection all night long. But just during that particular night.

Are you saying it happens all the time now? Even if you haven't fapped on that specific day?

3. Blue jeans

Blue jeans Fapstronaut

Right, well its good to know someone has had a similar experience. Ah I think its worse if I have fapped on that day, but I think I've also had it sometimes on other days. Have you found that its gone away after being on nofap for some time? Also wondering if you have the same experience when having sex with a partner?

4. Saythatagain

Saythatagain Fapstronaut

I’m 45 and my dick still wakes me up being rock hard in the morning and sometimes at night. She sleeps next to me but we are on a break while I’m in recovery for SA. I think a lot of what you are having is normal. It takes some time for your body and mainly your dick to back off. In truth you brain is the control here. Many of us have more of a problem that is deeper than just wanting to Jack off all the time. You can chase the symptoms and ignore the cause only so long. I’m not saying everyone is like this but it maybe worth exploring if this keeps coming up. I also think a step down masturbation plan is good. Give yourself some grace and man. It will get better.

5. Blue jeans

Blue jeans Fapstronaut

mm okay, thanks Saythatagain. I think that makes sense.

6. Aram124

Aram124 Fapstronaut

Try doing push ups or do a quick cold shower. T

7. Blue jeans

Blue jeans Fapstronaut

Thanks... mm yeah don't really want to wake myself up that much! But yeah I usually pace around in my room until it goes down, sometimes also do some squates. But once I lie down it usually comes back again in not too long.