1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hard To Focus.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Trey, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Trey

Trey Fapstronaut

I've been breaking my streak every couple weeks. It's extremely irritating and I don't know if it's just me but - The older I'm getting, the harder the urges are. As a guy @ almost 17 years old it would make sense. But does anyone have advice they can give me?

I'm not addicted, that's not the issue. I just want to quit M'Oing entirely, even if It's occasionally. I've reached a 179 day streak before, why is it so much harder now?

I'm stuck in a 20-30 day thing.

2. Man up, kid.

You wanna be a wanker the rest your life, or nip this in the bud now? MAKE THE DECISION TO STOP MASTURBATING. Find some greater purpose in life, something to channel your energy into. For me it is meditation, fitness, vegan cooking, Chinese martial arts, cultivating amazing friendships and relationships with people, and holding my sexuality in such high esteem as to be 'sacred', only to be expressed with my future wife.

Everybody has to walk their own path. There is no one size fits all solution.

I mean the answers you are looking for are already on this forum. You are kind of asking someone to hand feed you them here.

Sorry to sound harsh or blunt, but manning the fuck up is no walk in the park.

Best self improvement talk I have ever listened to,

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    PathToImprovement likes this.
  3. Here is another good video if you haven't seen it yet:

Gladiatori likes this.
  4. This is how you truly make a resolution to do something without turning your back on it and having to start again from Day 0:

Copied from http://james-allen.in1woord.nl/daily.php?date=2015-11-30,

True resolution is the crisis of long thought,

November Thirtieth.
    HALF-HEARTED and premature resolution is no resolution at all, and is shattered at the first difficulty.

A man should be slow to form a resolution. He should searchingly examine his position and take into consideration every circumstance and difficulty with his decision, and should be fully prepared to meet them. He should be sure that he completely understands the nature of his resolution, that his mind is finally made up, and that he is without doubt in the matter. With the mind thus prepared, the resolution that is formed will not be departed from, and by the aid of it a man will, in due time, accomplish his strong purpose.

Hasty resolutions are futile.

Thirtieth Morning
    When the farmer has tilled and dressed
    his land and put in the seed, he knows
    that he has done all that he can possibly
    do, and that now he must trust to the
    elements, and wait patiently for the
    course of time to bring about the harvest,
    and that no amount of expectancy
    on his part will affect the result.

Even so, he who has realized Truth,
    goes forth as a sower of the seeds of
    goodness, purity, love, and peace, without
    expectancy and never looking for results,
    knowing that there is the Great Over-
    ruling Law which brings about its own
    harvest in due time, and which is alike the
    source of preservation and destruction.

Thirtieth Evening
    The virtuous put a check upon themselves,
    and set a watch upon their passions and
    emotions; in this way they gain possession
    of the mind, and gradually acquire calmness;
    and as they acquire influence, power,
    greatness, abiding joy, and fullness and
    completeness of life.

He only finds peace who conquers
    himself, who strives, day by day, after
    greater self-possession, greater self-control,
    greater calmness of mind.

Where the calm mind is there is
    strength and rest, there is love and
    wisdom; there is one who has fought
    successfully innumerable battles against
    self, who, after long toil in secret against
    his own failings, has triumphed at last.

I wish you joy, peace, blessedness, and happiness on your journey to quitting masturbation entirely @Trey

5. Gladiatori

Gladiatori Fapstronaut

6. Mark Queppet has some really great insights.

Check out his site if you dig that video,

www.sacredsexualityproject.com

He is the cofounder of www.nofapacademy.com (I suggest you both sign up for the newsletter and free video series there if you have not already, if you are serious about quitting masturbation not to mention PMO.)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  7. Trey

Trey Fapstronaut

Thank you for the replie(s). You got me when you said -
    I mean the answers you are looking for are already on this forum. You are kind of asking someone to hand feed you them here.

Sorry to sound harsh or blunt, but manning the fuck up is no walk in the park.

In the end you are right. I strive to make myself a better person than I was yesterday, whether that'd be physically, mentally, or emotionally. Masturbation in my eyes shows weakness, no real self-control. And I know I'm capable of overcoming it. I have the mindset where I don't take shit, but I'm still falling for weakness.

Today That Ends.

Today I strive to end this once and for all.

I'm a hard worker in athletics and my studies. Why can't I do it with my willpower and self-control too?

Here's to committing to total self-control and the will to quit.