1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone quit Caffeine?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by peglegb88, Sep 14, 2020.

1. peglegb88

peglegb88 Fapstronaut

I'm trying to lower my intake, wondering if any of you guys have quit or lowered intake and had benefits.

Coffee even 1 cup seems to give me anxiety so I've switched to black tea for now.

2. SoaringEagle

SoaringEagle Fapstronaut

I used to drink lots of coffee and tea but quit some years back, Now just like you I drink one cup of black tea in the morning and I might drink coffee occasionally (something like once a month) especially if I didn't get enough sleep in the night, and man does that single cup of coffee make me alert! I feel I am so highly sensitive to coffee now that if I drink even one small cup at night means that it will be an all nighter.

I noticed some positive effects of less anxiety and better sleep as well.
    Also I think coffee is actually pretty strong, and it's better to live life without being dependent on it for functioning. I noticed many people can't actually start their day without that coffee fix.

I think black tea is also a "drug" but it certainly feels it has a much smaller dosage than coffee. But man no matter what, coffee still smells great!

peglegb88 likes this.
  3. I quit it a few years ago, and I've never looked back. It gave me a sensitive stomach, and I could never limit my intake.

I remember hearing that black tea has more caffeine in it than coffee, although that might be apocryphal.

@SoaringEagle 's right - coffee will always smell amazing. Smelling, and feeling the beans, and listening to the sound of the spoon digging into the grounds in a glass jar, will always be better than actually drinking the stuff, which just tastes like muddy water.

4. peglegb88

peglegb88 Fapstronaut

I think it depends on how long you steep the tea bag in for. I'd love to get to a place where I've quit caffeine, but have had difficulty quitting in the past. I'm going to stick to Black Tea for now, reduce the steeping time, then switch to Green Tea and go from there.

5. Me. I only drink water now (not even juice) and have been doing that for the last 6-7 years. Before that, I also drank black tea to "help" me focus at work or at school. I stopped taking tea because I reached a point where I couldn't function anymore without the effects of caffeine. It was very painful when I finally quit and my productivity went to zero, but it only took about 3 weeks to recover.

I highly recommend quitting; life is so much better when I don't freak out at work because I didn't get my daily dose. Good luck...

peglegb88 and SoaringEagle like this.
  6. peglegb88

peglegb88 Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing man, how many cups were you drinking a day? Just 1 or multiple?

7. 24 oz. in the morning before work. After lunch, I needed another 24 oz to keep working. Sometimes I bought 32 oz instead of 24 oz. 8 oz. = 1 cup, so that would be at least 6 cups = 48 oz, and sometimes much more.

8. peglegb88

peglegb88 Fapstronaut

Oh wow, how long did withdrawal last for you? Did you taper down or quit cold turkey?

9. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

I quit caffeine years ago, because I can be kind of hypochondriac about "stimulation" from drinks/pills/etc (all because of a bad experience).
    so I haven't had Mountain Dew and some other sodas in forever. But I still need my carbonation fix, so I mostly drink sparkling waters these days.

I think it's helped anyway. I don't remember the last time I had a panic attack
    I'm still a nervous person, but perhaps a pinch less...

peglegb88 likes this.
  10. When I quit bad habits, it's cold turkey. Moderation doesn't work well for me.

peglegb88 likes this.