1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone tried fasting on their reboot?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by David1221, Sep 17, 2018.

1. David1221

David1221 Fapstronaut

Has anyone ever experienced the benefits of NoFap from fasting? I’ve been seeing some posts on people trying fasting, and I just wanted to know whether anyone has experienced any changes in the mental state, whilst doing fasting during their reboot.

2. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

Not yet, but i get inerested un it in the last days.
    I'm going to eat in a 9 hour window, today i eat at 13.00 and i gotta have lunch before 21.00

There should be many advantages, lin term and short term, building up more muscles should be one of them.

I also started juicing again the last week.

3. DaveHana

DaveHana Fapstronaut

I have recently become interested in this as well, but haven't personally tried it either. An aunt of mine has lost a ton of weight on that Keto diet. At first I dismissed it as a fad, but there seems to be a lot of research and testimonials about the effectiveness of that diet and fasting generally..

4. Succinate

Succinate Fapstronaut

This is a common practice among muslims. Muslim scholars recommend fasting for single people. I tried it, it works sometimes and not the others. It works if you not only stopped eating/drinking for part of your day, but also to adhere to some sort of asceticism lifestyle. Hence, fasting is not a goal by itself but a reminding tool of the path that you chose.

5. DaveHana

DaveHana Fapstronaut

That's interesting. So it's a reminder of your comittment and self-discipline. I imagine this could have a synergistic effect with PM(O)

6. Yes, I did fasting early in my reboot and it was very helpful. I experienced no urges whatsoever while fasting. Neuroscience research has showed that fasting is very good for the brain, it stimulates neurogenesis (the growth of new brain cells).

I did a couple 24 hour fasts as well as a 4-day fast.

David1221 likes this.