1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has the United States Healed from the Civil War?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 21, 2017.

1. As I've mentioned on this forum before I'm listening to a podcast about the history of US presidents, it's been very interesting to learn about the history of the US and makes me understand America more. Today I finished the episode about William McKinley and up next is Theodore Roosevelt. Listening to the podcast I can't help but wonder if America has ever healed from the Civil War? From what I understand the US is very divided today - did this division start during the civil war? Have both sides forgiven each other or does the anger and hatred over what happened still remain?

2. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

The division began when we were still colonies, and, no, it is not over. I don't know whether it has gotten worse in the last few years, or only more obvious. The differences are certainly more evident now, but it doesn't take much digging to find them at any point through our whole history.

plant goodness likes this.
  3. What is the name of the podcast if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious to listen to it.

4. It's called Presidential.

plant goodness likes this.
  5. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

Idk but I pose another question.

Have the Native Americans healed from mass genocide?

6. The media alone is the one that is taking us in the opposite direction

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

It wasn't "mass genocide."

8. In my opinion the Civil War never ended, it just evolved.

9. Baroque

Baroque Fapstronaut

No. The north is still punishing the south to this day.

Septimus likes this.
  10. I have about ten million smartass responses to this remark but I'm going to restrain myself. I promised myself I wouldn't get into politics on a recovery forum and I'm not.